3. Norwegian Epic
I am writing this review as a second time cruiser with NCL (I did the NCL Star last year): we are a couple in the thirties and have been on this 7-day cruise departing from Barcelona and enjoyed it very much overall I must say! Embarcation was very fast, we did the check-in online so it was a matter of being given the card to enter the ship and that was it. Took about 15 minutes from the taxi to the Atrium in Deck 5. At the time we enter the ship our cabin was ready to go so we did the unpacking straight away. Food Food was not a surprise since we cruised with NCL before, so we felt like almost the same dishes were being served but it did not matter for us, it was tasteful enough, waiters were helpful in general, no disappointments. Just a little thing, the two times we dined in the Manhatan the waiters were not as kind as in the Taste somehow, it felt like they were rushing us to finish our meal. I would say it might have been bad luck for us or something, but nothing to worry too much to be honest. Entertainment Burn the Floor - Outstanding! We enjoyed it very much! Priscilla - OK but too long for my taste. Cirque - We bought the non-premium seats and we could enjoy all the performances without any obstructions. The food was very nice, we thought though that the food would be served during the performance but we ended up to eat before the show started. The only problem was the lack of room to accommodate 6 people in such a small sized table. It got to the point the person next to my wife did not know which water cup belonged to. I liked the fact that some performances were assisted by random cruisers in the tent to perform in the comedy show, it was very funny and entertained us a lot! Epic Beatles: I'm not a big fan of them although I must admit they do a very good show! my wife loved them. We saw 3 shows with them and enjoyed a lot. The show with the violin and the mascarenhas/dancer performers (can't remember their artistic names) was mind blowing we attended 2 shows, excellent!! Aqua park Water tubes were awesome! but be sure to be there early in the morning as the queue can build up quite quickly. My preferred (more intensive) was the green tube then the one were we could ride with the inflatable donut style. Swimming pool were lightly heated so you might not expect a thermal shock as I normally have. Jacuzzis were not as crowded as we expected and we could be there til late as we pleased. We felt rules were relaxed in terms of bringing drinks to the jacuzzi as many people did it without beeing asked not to, which is nice. It was also very easy and quick to find sun loungers too. Overall: Despite a lot of negative reviews about this ship in this forum we could not find any issues pointed out perhaps this might be because at this time of the year there are not many kids around so the vessel is not that crowded and noisy. No long queues anywhere for us, no seats finding problems on the shows either, nice food, great staff. Next cruise on the way with NCL again for sure!

Epic holidays overall

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by moscab

Food

Burn the Floor - Outstanding! We enjoyed it very much!

Priscilla - OK but too long for my taste.

Aqua park

It was also very easy and quick to find sun loungers too.

Overall:

Next cruise on the way with NCL again for sure!
moscab’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Large Balcony
Cabin B6 10012
Our balcony cabin was one of the first cabins in the front of the vessel so we were given a "hull balcony", this means we didn't have the "normal" glass leaning balcony as we expected. Not a big big issue for us though as we spent most of the time outside the cabin but despite the roomier balcony area, it is just to bear in mind that if you wish to seat in the chair to enjoy the sea view you won't see anything apart from the skies, so there is no direct view to the ocean from the seats - that is a bit disappointing.
The cabin itself was well maintened and cleaned everyday there is a lot of storage, 4 EU sockets (realised three days after that one of those was hidden inside the sofa backrest)
Just wished there was a wider path between the bed and the sink as we were always shocking ourselves in the morning rush.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins