Scenic Ruby Cruise Review

I loved it I loved it not

Scenic Ruby Cruise Review by carlalin

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: Europe River

I have always wanted to try a river cruise because I have always travelled on ocean cruises.

I liked the smaller amount of people, the ports were exquisite, you could see land on both sides of the ship always, no rocking of the boat, the excursions were good except for one where we could not understand our guide. The cons were there was not a lot of choice as far as food, the rooms are small with some issues of smelling the drain in the shower. There was also issues with the woman’s bathroom on one of the floors. Another common thing is changing ships because the water level being low. Talking to the crew this happens almost every time and in that case you are shuttled to the next ship or to your next excursion but that usually is hours away. I’m glad I did it but will think hard about doing it again.

carlalin's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Balcony 211

Older ship..Small room, no sitting area other than the balcony. Shower smelled so they had to come and clean it out, dusty.

City Tour

Always a great way to get an overall feel of the city and gives me an idea of where I want to walk later on.

View All 353 City Tour Reviews
Schonbrunn Palace

Spectacular castle, great guide and lots of time to explore on our own. You can walk for a long time if wanted.

View All 179 Schonbrunn Palace Reviews
Linz (Salzburg)

Walked around ourselves. Very easy to get around, a cute quaint town.

Next Review