3. Carnival Valor
This was our 26th cruise with Carnival and our most recent two cruises before this one left us considering another cruise line. We decided to try one more cruise on the Valor and I'm happy to say Carnival has redeemed itself. Boarding was almost effortless at the New Orleans post. We were on the ship 15 minutes after parking our car. We were greeted onto the ship by smiling faces, the first of many we would see. The ship itself has some age on it, but was clean overall and in good repair. For some reason, this cruise did not seem as crowded as the last few and lines seemed to flow more smoothly. Our cabin was clean and ready when we boarded. We were greeted immediately by our cabin steward, given his card and contact information, and he asked what times we would prefer to have our cabin serviced. The food on the Lido deck was on par with other Carnival cruises, edible, enjoyable to some degree, but nothing to die for. The hamburger place is great and the deli makes some excellent sandwiches. I can't say anything about the dining room because we never made it there. Entertainment: This is where this cruise shined over the others. Patrick in the Piano bar is a must see, or should I say experience. The show "American Rocks" was okay. If you watch it, pay attention to the musicians on stage and a couple of the singers. They also make up the group "Deep Blue Soul" that played in the Red Frog Pub (I think). If you like to listen and be entertained by a high energy band, this is the place and the band for you. Small room, limited seating. I was disappointed in the comedian. Race based humor is lazy humor and gets old and this was his PG show. We didn't find him funny and didn't go back. I can't say enough about Deep Blue Soul. Also in the Red Frog Pub, you'll find the friendliest bartenders on the ship, Patrick and Alexsandra. Personnel on the ship were on the whole friendly and responsive, but these two stood out.

Carnival Redeemed!

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ccand7

ccand7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 1059
Standard Carnival Balcony Cabin conveniently located to the Lido deck. Noise might be an issue for some due to traffic in the hallway, otherwise no significant noise issues. The cabin was clean and everything worked. No issues with the air conditioning. The room stayed comfortable for the entire cruise.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins