3. Viking Jupiter
Just returned 2 weeks ago from 'Viking Homelands' cruise on Jupiter. Beautiful ship, WONDERFUL STAFF, very enjoyable cruise! My first cruise with Viking and won't be my last! The activities on board were WAY better than anything I've experienced on a cruise in the past. Tour guides were overall really good and tours were educational and informative. Alborg, Denmark was hands down my favorite place. A last minute excursion swap the night before we docked allowed me to go to three wonderful Viking sites, including a Viking burial location that I had so wanted to see, but didn't realize was part of one of the available excursions. Highlight of the entire trip! Flam, Norway was such a beautiful, peaceful place. I would LOVE to go back someday for a vacation just in this tiny village! Would have liked more time in nearby Aurland, as I would have very much liked to have visited a store with the Aurland loafers to find myself a pair....maybe on that next visit to the area! :) An excursion that included the Aurland shoe factory tour would be a nice addition in my humble opinion, and there seemed to have been ample free time to allow this if well planned. It was nice to be able to see so many countries and I loved that Viking themed much of the food each day to our location. It was nice being able to try foods on the ship, which were by and far EXCELLENT, from the various countries. The experience at The Chef's Table (we went 4 times and had 4 different meals) was AWESOME! Manfredi's in contrast was a let down, but Italian has limited options IMHO, and my swordfish was raw the first time we went..only went back to give it a second chance, but wouldn't bother booking it again in the future as there is little option there my nutritionist would approve! However, there are TONS of other options in The Chef's Table and the World Cafe. The Restaurant was a refreshing option at break fast as World Cafe's breakfast is the same every day, so while I don't usually eat breakfast per se, this had more options. People's opinions prior to my cruise were varied on the offerings at the Dome theater, but I saw all three presentations and found them largely education and informative. Of course, having now seen them, I'm not sure how often they change, so not sure if my cruise booked for 2021 will have new offerings or still be the same 3 seen recently. Hopefully by then it will be something new. With the exception of the resident Viking history speaker, who I found overly monotonous in his speech style, the speakers and presentations offered where really good and enjoyable and I feel like I came away with new information about countries I'd never visited before and likely would never have except for this cruise offering. So THANK YOU Viking for that!@ :) Would like to see trivia become a nightly event as it is a short (timewise) event, but a LOT of fun!

Viking's Newest Fan!

Viking Jupiter Cruise Review by AlabamaZephyr

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea

AlabamaZephyr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Jupiter price drops

Cabins were nice and having the balcony was a big plus! Everything one needs is there. Only recommendation would be a less harsh soap/shampoo option that is more environmentally friendly and using wall mounted dispensers for these items in the shower to save counter space.