3. Viking Sun
Our first cruise and we were not disappointed. We booked a penthouse veranda and the room was quiet, well designed, aesthetically pleasing and importantly with a comfortable well sized bed. The food, ambience staff and overall experience was 5*. Be aware that Viking promote and market heavily in the USA and a small number of American guests were loud and rude, especially in the select restaurants with little consideration for other diners. I really don't want to know about how Trump is doing a great job or hear a group of girls whooping while we're enjoying a quiet meal! However we also met some lovely guests and new friends from America, the UK, Australia and Canada and remain in contact. Disappointing that on the final night the boat is being cleared and cleaned ready for the next guests and you feel like you are in the way. The only other issue to be aware of is that although we had registered our Credit Card a small charge of $2.50 was picked up by the card company as suspicious when Viking tried to charge the account at 1am on the morning before leaving and we were not informed before departing. This resulted in me being held and escorted back to the service desk to resolve with my wife concerned, unaware and waiting on the transfer bus with other guests. This was highly embarrassing and could have been resolved if Viking had left a note in the room before we vacated the room. I informed customer service and although the team verbally apologised we received no written apology and again this is less than satisfactory given the cost of the cruise. No follow up from Viking whatsoever other than marketing emails.

Great experience with just a few issues that lets Viking down

Viking Sun Cruise Review by Partcloudy

Partcloudy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

Cabin 2008
Good and see main review