3. Norwegian Breakaway
We picked this cruise for the Itinerary and the features on the Breakaway. Embarkation went smoothly and we were on the ship in no time. Our cabin was ready and quite comfortable. A Ocean View which provides more space than an Inside. The ship, overall, was very clean. You could see workers cleaning 24/7. One big, big problem with the Breakaway is smoke in the Casino. I spent a lot of time there as a gambler and the smoke was horrible. IT was also quite warm in the casino, so sadly, the place I spent the most time was very uncomfortable. I also like to use the gym, but we only used the gym on the Breakaway once. None of the TV's worked on any treadmill so that was disappointing. We tried 6 different restaurants and all were very good. We might try a different one next time to replace Teppenyaki. A standard Japanese Steakhouse was just that....standard. Our favorite was the Manhatten dining room with its wonderful Jazz band. Entertainment was excellent. We seen Burn the Floor which may have been the best ocean cruise show I have ever seen and Rock of Ages which was very good. We were upset that the outdoor activities were closed almost the entire cruise. The water slides and rope course is something we like to do and it was shuttered 6 days. Service throughout was pretty good. Our cabin steward Neil, was a rock star and many of our restaurant servers were top notch. We did not do any NCL excursions. We always use private vendors and our favorite was South Shore excursions in Roatan. We were treated to a private, guided, snorkel of the Meso-American Reef in Roatan. It was the BEST snorkeling I have done in my life and I highly recommend them. Overall, we had a great time, but I would not sail the Breakaway again, unless it went non-smoking. That ship cannot handle the smoke.

One smokey night!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by MRVEGAS711

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window

The ship, overall, was very clean. You could see workers cleaning 24/7.

MRVEGAS711’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin OB 5134
Our cabin was very clean and comfortable with a fair amount of space. Cabin Steward, Neil, was awesome.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins