3. Star Princess
This was offered as a "Free" cruise. Don't ever let anyone tell you it's "free". There are nonrefundable deposits per person, prepaid gratuities, parking at $27 a day and other expenses to make it a decent cruise, like specialty dining and any drinks you may want, including soda or special coffee. I also paid for water in the cabin. There is also, if you choose, shore excursions, which are extremely expensive ($70 each for a horse drawn carriage ride in Victoria, not worth it) and the casino, which are always tight. This particular cruise was offering a chance to "vote for entertainer (cruise ship) of the year, but because of this they eliminated the production shows that are usually one of the highlights of the entertainment. Next disappointment was the food. I am not much for buffets to begin with, but I can usually find something. There was one night that I actually walked through with a plate and ended up putting it down, empty, because the food was so disgusting. I went out and got a cheeseburger, which was great. The Crown Grill was excellent, but it was a "specialty dining" option at about $25 per person, plus tip. Worth it. The main dining room food was below par. We had ordered the Cornish game hens on our last Princess cruise and they were wonderful. Not this time. They looked like someone had starved them before cooking. Flavor not near the same. Seas were extremely rough and we bounced in our beds and walking on the ship was like being drunk. Topping of all: My sister got very ill 2 days before we were in home port. She had to be taken off in a wheelchair and the next day she was at urgent care. Yesterday, 4 days later, she was in the ER and had to be given fluids. Diagnosis was virus, probably contracted aboard the ship! This is 7 days later and she is still very ill. Spoiled my desire to cruise ever again.

Not Good

Skeek46’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC
My first time with an inside cabin. It was surprisingly roomy and not at all stuffy like I thought it would be. It was nice, actually.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins