3. Norwegian Bliss
I wanted to explore a new destination Alaska and what better way than on a cruise ship especially the Norwegian Bliss which was designed for Alaska Cruises. I've been on several Norwegian Cruises over the years and to me they are very well organized especially with both the embarkation and disembarkation. A lot of people don't understand that the disembarkation process depends a lot on custom but once clearance has been given from customs, Norwegian has a very well organized options for getting off the ship. I always get the spa pass and on this trip it was very important for me since I had acute back pain/sciatica nerve pain throughout my trip. I also had a 3 specialty dining package which I enjoyed very much plus 2 free specialty dinning options with 1 free bottle of wine as a courtesy for being a Platinum Lattitude Member. Norwegian always has a nice line up of great entertainment consisting of music venues, shows etc. I saw a Beatles cover band which were awesome but missed the theatre shows on account of being ill with the back pain issues on some evenings but overall I made the best of it and still had a relaxing vacation. I did one excursion in Skagway which was a 6 hour bus tour of the Yukon which included a nice lunch and the option to get off the bus several time during the road trip to take some awesome pictures. It was a very well run excursion which I booked through Norwegian. As a platinum member I received a 10% discount. Overall Norwegian offers a great value on their cruises with great dinning options, entertainment, excursions and they offer generous perks to their repeat cruises through the Lattitude Program. I even had all my clothes washed and folded for free for my Platinum Lattitude status which I appreciate..

Relaxing Cruise

ace192’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 11509
I had a studio cabin which is only 99 square feet for 1 person. Ive had experience with the studio cabins on past cruises with Norwegian Breakaway. On the Bliss the studio cabins doesn't have the option of changing the mood light settings such as on the Breakaway. Also I found the bed mattress to be very hard and it was hard for me to get a good nights sleep or even fall asleep because I had back pain/sciatica on the start of the trip. Everything else closet space, showers etc was fine. My cabin 11509 was close to the studio lounge where I would go to get free expresso, cappuccino, cookies, pound cake, OJ 24 hour a day.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins