3. Viking Gullveig
My wife and I have always wanted to take a river cruise, and we have always heard that Viking was the best, but this cruise exceeded everything we had heard as well as exceeding our expectations. We went on this cruise with my sister and her husband. All the crew were very friendly, but I will forever remember the wonderful cruise director and our excellent waiter Atilla. After a couple of meals, he anticipated our drinks and our normal desires for specific desserts. We were met at the airport in Budapest and from there until we finally disembarked, we never had to really deal with moving luggage. The ship was great. The coffee and snack bar (there were two of them) was wonderful. Our cabin was just right especially with "American" plugs - not need to worry about plugging in our items. The dining was first class. There was so many options available at all meals. When we finally got to see all the cooks and the food prep area, we were amazed that so much great food could be prepared in such a small area! The tours that we signed up for were great. There was so much to see. We would never have visited all the towns and places that we saw without the assistance of Viking and the tour guides. And now, we are signed up for our second Viking river cruise where we will be going from Paris to Zurich. We can hardly wait for March 31, 2020 when we leave for another Viking Experience. My sister and her husband will be on this cruise also.

First River Cruise - but not the last!

Viking Gullveig Cruise Review by jmartyc

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

jmartyc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Gullveig price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 225
The room was perfect for us. We also made use of the laundry on the ship, and will do so again. This will help us pack a lot less for the next trip, but still have nice clean and fresh clothes.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins