3. Viking Sea
We had done five weeks of Viking River and enjoyed it. Had to find out if their Ocean lived up to the hype. Very enjoyable time. Food was excellent and we managed to eat in their specialty restaurants most nights. We only had one "at sea" day and I will select my next itinerary where there are more - maybe a transitioning cruise. Still love my river cruises but this Homelands cruise was fantastic. We did a combination of included shore excursions and optional ones. I would have to say that the optional excursion to Flan was very disappointing. A bus ride, followed by two train rides, followed by another bus ride. You never got outside except when changing transportation. And it wasn't cheap!. Ship staff was great and very friendly. We never had any special needs or requests (except when our cabin door lock jammed). Even the deck hands that were painting greeted you with a word and a smile. Bar staff, especially in the Explorer lounge was fantastic. Always greeted me by name and started my drink.

My first Viking Ocean - Hopefully more to come

Viking Sea Cruise Review by fprose

fprose’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

We had a mid-ship cabin which we found quiet and comfortable. More than enough space for two people for two weeks.