3. Viking Sky
I really wanted to see the Northern Lights and this was the perfect cruise. We saw the Northern Lights on several occasions . Overall this cruise gets a 4 - - the staff and crew were awesome, the packaged tours were lame and the speakers were a mixed bag. Take note that these cruises are mostly old people. Just thought I would mention it in case you, the reader, is under 60 and considering. PROS - Really nice ship with excellent amenities and a well-trained crew. The food was nice and well presented. We were kept well informed and thoroughly enjoyed the ports of call. The Northern Lights are a hit or miss phenomenon and we had one night on the ship that was amazing. It made the trip all worth it for me. The entertainment is mostly small musical groups / singers and they were great. Because it is older cruisers the bars were never crowded after 10pm, so it was easy to get a seat and service. Highly recommend booking your own tours. We booked three tours with local operators and those tours were a much better value than the ship's tours. We sailed above the Arctic Circle and the scenery was awesome. CONS - The two packaged tours we did were really lame. We paid to go on the ship's tour to see the Northern Lights and were surprised they didn't cancel because of the clouds. They assured us they had a clear area. Turns out we just went a couple miles from the ship and all stood around in the snow looking at clouds. Most independent tours cancelled. We paid for the reindeer ride, but there was no snow so you couldn't do it - -again they didn't cancel. The speakers were a mixed bag. One speaker was awesome and another read his slides in a boring monotone. How do you get a job on a ship with such poor speaking skills? Mystery to me. This didn't spoil the cruise. I had read some books prior to going. Overall - - I would highly recommend.

Great service, interesting cruise

Viking Sky Cruise Review by GEORGIA-LARRY

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea

We sailed above the Arctic Circle and the scenery was awesome.

This didn't spoil the cruise. I had read some books prior to going.

Overall - - I would highly recommend.
GEORGIA-LARRY’s Full Rating Summary