• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

cancruise2
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Studio Interior

Overall the Ovation of the Ship is a beautiful large passenger ship. It had 4600 passengers but didn't seem crowded except on deck when it was warm and sunny as all of the people came out of hiding to get a deck chair. I had a solo interior cabin which while small was good at has a normal double bed and the same bathroom as regular rooms. it had the virtual balcony which I liked. The food in Solarium café and American Icon was very good, but Windjammer was repetitive food (too much Asian and Indian food) and not enough veggies. Windjammer was busy at breakfast but pretty empty at night for dinner. I liked the take 2 café for lunch.

I did the North Star twice but not the I-fly or surfing. You had to wait a long time if you wanted bumper cars and then you were on for five minutes.

The Hawaii enrichment lectures were very good.

Studio Interior

Cabin 2W

It was small but much more comfortable than the NCL and Holland American solo cabins. The ceilings seem higher and its a regular bathroom with a nice sized shower. It had a virtual bacony and enough storage for one person. It was kept very clean. I would definitely book this cabin again

Port Reviews

Vancouver

I stayed a night before at the Moda Hotel a three-star downtown. Because its in the city core the night noise was loud, but the room was clean and comfortable. I just walked around and the smell of marajuana is at times overpowering.

Seattle

Walked around. Took the local bus from the Pier 91 (bus 28) ...its $2.75 a ride and runs about every 15 to 20 minutes. Looked around the Pike Market and the waterfront and then came back.

Kauai

This is just a cruise by the coast line in the afteroon. It was beautiful and there is a commentator.

Marbella

Awful tour by Hike Maui called the best of Maui's hidden treasures. It was supposed to be a six hour tour (it was 4.5 hours) but we got off the tenders at 9:30 - Keoki (worst guide I have yet to experience) made us do paperwork for 15 minutes in a hot van, then proceeded to skip the first look out point as we would be late for lunch ??? then shortened the next stop and got us to a shack for a stale sandwich and cookie. He also wanted to shorten this break but I complained. He then dropped us off for 40 minutes at the Maui tropical plantation and the tours take an hour, so we just wasted time in the shop. It was an expensive tour and a pure waste of money. RCL shore excursions was great though and gave me a partial refund which I really appreciated. I don't recommend this tour at all.

12 Helpful Votes