3. Queen Victoria
This was our first experience of a cunard cruise. We kind of chose the cruise as a taster as we have booked a transatlantic crossing on the QM2 in November 2019, so we wanted to get a feel for what Cunard was all about. We were not disappointed. Embarkation at Southampton was smooth. We were able to check in without any issues. A short wait in the terminal before being called to board the ship. There was a delay in being allowed to go to our stateroom but to be honest, this gave us the opportunity to explore the ship and have some lunch. We had a balcony cabin which, was spacious and comfortable. Our cabin steward was excellent and attentive. As this was also a celebration of my birthday, we had pre-ordered a celebration package which was completely messed up by Cunard. Two trips to the Pursers Desk eventually sorted the issue but it kind of spoiled the surprise. Dining in the Britannia Restaurant was a very enjoyable experience. I guess we were lucky with our fellow table companions as we all got on and the conversation flowed. We ate once in the Veranndah Restaurant. Definitely recommended. Food and service was exemplary. Overall, our experience was enjoyable and it just wetted our appetite for our upcoming cruise in November onboard the QM2. I would certainly recommend Cunard, and in particularly the Queen Victoria. It is a very nice ship. Reminds me of the old days.

Amazing experience

Queen Victoria Cruise Review by peteratsea

This was our first experience of a cunard cruise.

We were not disappointed.

We had a balcony cabin which, was spacious and comfortable.

Our cabin steward was excellent and attentive.

peteratsea’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Victoria price drops

• Hamburg
    We were not that impressed with Hamburg to be honest. We did our own thing in Port. Visited the Miniature World which is worth a visit but about the only thing worth doing in Hamburg. If you are into shopping, there is a main shopping centre in town but nothing to write home about. You do need to use the transfers to get from the ship into town. Nothing is within walking distance from the ship where it docks in Hamburg.
    View All 130 Hamburg Cruise Port Reviews