3. Viking Sky
We hoped to see the Northern Lights as well as visit the Norwegian coast. The cruise which was one of the first by Viking on this route had some difficulties with the excursions, but expect these will be corrected in the future. The Northern Lights were not very good during our trip, but that is not Viking's fault. The sky is only twilight from 9 to 3 in January, so it is important to plan your excursions carefully to maximize your opportunities while you can see. The buffet restaurants were excellent. The higher end restaurants for which you need reservations were good as well, but to be honest after six months I have forgotten about eating in them. The entertainment provided by Viking was absolutely first rate. We enjoyed every show. Because it is cold outside this is a great cruise to get the deck all to yourself. I enjoyed going out as the ship was sailing at night with no one else around and just letting the silence envelope me.

Cruise to north of the Arctic Circle along coast of Norway

Viking Sky Cruise Review by rddento7

rddento7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

Cabin was excellent. The room was spacious for a cruise cabin, and quiet at night. Our veranda was nice for photos, but it was too cold for other than fro short periods.