3. Norwegian Dawn
We chose this cruise because we wanted to visit New England and Canada. I am a Norwegian gold member. Unfortunately the Dawn disappointed. Being on the Dawn felt like being in a Petri dish. My husband and I are in our early 50s, generally healthy and active people. On the Dawn, we both got very sick about eight days in with an acute sinus infection. I have been sick for about three weeks, and imy husband for 1.5 weeks. I should’ve known what was coming when we walked into the room the first day...The sunlight was coming in so we could see all the fingerprints and dirt all over the cabin walls, doors and around the bathroom. There also appeared to be a small spot of feces on the toilet seat! I kid you not. I showed my husband. We immediately went to the cabin steward who insisted that the mark on the toilet was part of the seat, but that ‘he would try to clean it just in case.’ I asked him to also wipe down the room a little bit better. When we returned to the room, the spot was gone from the toilet seat. We didn’t complain to steward’s superior because we wanted to give him a chance. I recommend that you bring Lysol wipes on the Dawn. I ended up having to go to their doctor, get an antibiotic, and was charged $255. Guest services wouldn’t budge and I didn’t have the ship’s travel insurance protection. When I came home I had to get a stronger antibiotic over a week later because the bacterial infection was so bad. The ship as a whole just didn’t feel good and clean and fresh.... The food was just OK and the food quality was also just OK. The dining service was good. It’s time for Norwegian to offer more fresh alternatives like calcium free yogurt, dairy-free milk ( without having to wait for them to find it in the kitchen for you ) nuts, less salt in the food, etc. There weren’t any berries to be seen. If you go on Celebrity, and probably other cruises there are restaurants like Blu where you can enjoy a better, healthier quality of food. I think Norwegian should get with the program and not stereotype its clientele as unhealthy eaters The spa was terrible. We always go to the spa when we cruise. We paid upfront online. Right when we got there we saw that it was very small; there was just a pool and a little Jacuzzi that wasn’t even hot. What a rip off! So we immediately insisted on getting a credit for that and didn’t go to the spa for the rest of the trip. Stops were delightful. We couldn’t go to Charlottetown because a hurricane was looming. The captain did a great job making us feel safe. We did all of the excursions on our own. We enjoy activities involving exercise. So we rented bikes in Newport (awesome but wear a helmet!) Bar Harbor and Portland... all beautiful places to explore with bicycles. Lots of rental places right in town. Stayed in an Air BNB in Quebec City for a night afterwards....lovely, kind of expensive, European city.

The Dawn is Done

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Crewzingal

The ship as a whole just didn’t feel good and clean and fresh....

Crewzingal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 9206
I gave an in-depth cabin review in the first paragraph. The cabin was filthy and we ended up with bacterial infections .
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins