• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

skinnylegs
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

This was our second Uniworld cruise (our first was on the Rhine) and my first time in Paris! I don't think it's possible to not have a great time when you start and end in Paris.

The boat was beautiful! Not everyone likes the Uniworld decor but I felt it was reflective our where we were touring. The food was delicious and service was great. I thought the cruise director, Theirrey (I'm not sure that I spelled his name incorrectly), was very good and encouraged us to take a few tours that really made our trip (motorcycle side-car tour of Montmartre). I'd also like to thank, Augustine, who was professional, pleasant and witty, and always served our late night drinks with a smile.

Overall, our fellow travelers were very friendly and social. Our party made friends with a great couple that we keep in contact with and will see this year in Florida. Groups seemed to mix very well on this trip. There was a lot of socializing after dinner and the entertainment for two nights was very good and had the dance floor packed.

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

We chose the same size room as our Rhine cruise - 194 sq. ft. which is adequate. I believe it was the Deluxe French Balcony. There are only French Balconies on this ship. We were hardly in the room. We paid more to be on the higher level but I would advise the same sized French Balcony room one deck below for a better value.

5 Helpful Votes