Norwegian Joy Cruise Review

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by trixiehaley123

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom

First time cruising with Norwegian.. I would go again but I would not let them book my flights again. Getting off the airplane and to the ship was no problem for us. For our connecting flight in Atlanta we had to run so we wouldn’t miss our flight we literally got on board and they shut the door. My dad’s experience was not so great at 79 years old everyone at the airport for Norwegian was gone so he had to lug his own suitcase to the bus pick up area. He almost didn’t make it to the ship. He was so stressed. Going home our flights weren’t any better we had to sit in the airport for over 12 hours and having to stay awake for more than 24 hours not the best way to end the vacation. Onto food.. The buffet was good but in my opinion they could have switched up the food better and had more options. When we did get food from there it was cold. The free fancy restaurants were amazing and the food was great. While I liked the “freestyle” dining I did miss seeing everyone dressed up. They need better photographers on board most of our pictures were not taken well. While on board my card was de-activated this was due to the girl at the check in counter using my pass port to identify me which has my maiden name. This threw off all my information I had entered months ago when I booked the cruise. Then I had to prove who I was. The guest services lines were very long. My dad who is a smoker only had one place to go smoke all the way in the back of the ship on the 17th floor. Long walk for all the elderly smokers on board. Getting off the ship at each port was a breeze and each port was amazing… Our excursions was amazing as well. Getting off the ship was a nightmare a lot of mad people being told different things as to which line to be in.

trixiehaley123's Full Rating Summary

Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom

Our cabin was spotless every day and the bed was very comfortable. I did miss the towel animals though.

Whale Watching

Awesome whale watching trip

View All 906 Whale Watching Reviews
Gold Panning

A great excursion first was a train ride then watching sled dogs then seeing what it feels like at 40 below then panning for gold.

View All 69 Gold Panning Reviews