3. Norwegian Escape
We were on the September 8th to the 15th cruise out of New York. Because of hurricane Dorian the Escape was delayed coming back. Celebrity's ship left Bermuda with them and had no problems getting back so I don't know why the Escape was so delayed. We were notified about the delay and were told to arrive after 4 pm. So many people we met were not notified about the delay. Embarkation was a nightmare where we waited on line for hours. We later learned some people received tickets for water and chips but we never did and neither did the people in line with us. I was more disappointed that NCL did not try to compensate us for the half day we lost enjoying the ship and the one meal we lost. Our lost was the delayed ships gain since those passengers got to eat our lunch and did not get off the ship to late afternoon. An OBC of $25 per cabin would have been a nice gesture on NCL's behalf. The Escape is a very large ship and we did plenty of walking. The crew is amazing and service was great. The ship was very clean and you always saw crew cleaning. We have sailed NCL many times and this was the first time we were not impressed with the food on the ship. This also was the first time we were booked in an inside cabin since we booked three weeks before. Cabin was doable with plenty of storage but I missed the day light. Our cabin was on the 9th deck forward and we were able to hear the music or movies playing in the theater at night. The noise did not bother us but it might bother others if they go to bed before midnight. My son had a solo cabin and he said it was great. There was actually plenty of room and storage in it. He liked it better than the inside cabin. The Escape does a fabulous job for the CC Meet & Greet. It was held at the District Brewery and the officers actually mingle with you. Our roll call was invited back for a special gathering where again the officers mingled with us, beer tasting and hors d'oeuvres were served. The Escape knows how to appreciate the cruise critic members. We had a slot pull which was lots of fun. Thanks to those who arranged our M&G and slot pull. I thought the night time shows were okay, nothing special but that is just my opinion. We had beautiful weather on our cruise and the seas were very calm that you didn't even know you were moving. We loved Bar Harbor and Saint John. We did walk off disembarkation and it was the fastest we have ever gotten off the ship and through customs. All in all we had a great cruise.

New England and Canada

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Gershep

even know you were moving. We loved Bar Harbor and Saint John.

All in all we had a great cruise.
Gershep’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Family Inside Stateroom
Cabin I1 9449
Plenty of storage but on the small side. You can hear noise from theater.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins