3. Viking Heimdal
This was my first river cruise but not my last! Viking is a first class operation and the HEIMDAL is the best! The crew is more than helpful not to mention funny, the food excellent and plenty, excursions were fabulous and the excursion guides were incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and humorous. The Captain was always smiling and made himself available everyday to greet the guests. How he maneuvers that huge ship through the Locks is amazing! The friend I traveled with chose this itinerary and I wasn't sure it would be wonderful....silly me... it was FABULOUS! Each port of call was different and amazing and as I said earlier the guides were excellent... not boring as some can be. Whoever trains them does a first class job! I loved the excursions but I also loved getting back to the boat, taking a refreshing shower then sitting outside looking at the fabulous views while sipping on a cocktail and being very thankful that I was here.

BEST CRUISE EVER!

Applesot’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Heimdal price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 336
The cabin was a bit tight but I loved the huge sliding glass doors (French Balcony). Housekeeping serviced the cabin twice a day and those ladies are delightful.

I loved that they had 110 plugs for us Americans!
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins