Carnival Valor Cruise Review

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ttanthony

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean Suite

My wife and I went on this cruise with 4 other couples. We had a great time. I would say the ship was pretty clean and well kept, although there was some sign of aging with broken closet lights, and rust on the outside, etc. Our stateroom was clean, but there were a few signs that showed that there were previous guests. I don't particularly care about random hairs, but there were a couple in the bathroom that my wife pointed out.

Pros: I found the overall service to be pretty good. The food was actually very good to excellent most days. We had the drink package, and never waited very long for service. We did catch one show, and the entertainers were very talented. Comedians were good, not great. Excursions: Cozumel; Sail, snorkel, beach was very good

Progresso: Beach buggy, Mayan Ruins, Beach Escape- Best excursion I have ever taken!!! Check it out!

Cons: Not much bad to report, but I will say this...

There was an Outstanding band in the Red Frog Pub most nights. They were really good. The problem is, no one was ever in there. We hung out around the casino area which was action-packed. In this area, they had these solo or duo acts that were AWFUL. Slow and boring! Our group would have had a better time if the bigger band was set up in that area where all the people hang out and walk by.

ttanthony's Full Rating Summary

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7278

Very roomy, cleaned well enough to my standards, but my wife wasnt compeely satisfied. Only 1 steward visit per day now, apparently.

ttanthony