• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Norwegian Joy Review

Editor Rating

The Glaciers were an amazing experience!

Review for Norwegian Joy to Alaska
am2292
2-5 Cruises • Age 20s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Mini-Suite - Connecting Stateroom

Alaska was a bucket list trip for my mother and father. Unfortunately, my mother passed away and my father is starting to lose mobility. So, this was a very important trip for my sister and I to take with my father, and Alaska did not disappoint.

The embarkation went smoothly, we were on the ship by 11:30 am which is a very impressive turnaround time. The ship is amazing as always. NCL ships tend to have a very similar layout, so I already knew my way around the 19 deck (20 if you include laser tag) floating luxury hotel. On the Joy they also have Galaxy Pavilion which is a virtual reality arcade. I walked around it with my sister and it seemed really interesting and an unique idea for a cruise ship. Spice H20 has a huge hot top much bigger than their other ships. Of course, I was most impressed by being able to sit in a hot top while staring at glaciers.

The dinning I have mixed views on:

Mini-Suite - Connecting Stateroom

Cabin M8

The cabin was spacious for a cruise and the balcony had spectacular views. The steward was amazing! He was friendly, new my name, and the name of everyone I was traveling with in the first couple hours we were on board.

Port Reviews

Glacier Bay

Amazing views from the bow and observation lounge

Victoria

We did not arrive until 8 o'clock had to be on board by 11:30 and off the boat the next day.

7 Helpful Votes