3. Carnival Dream
Carnival Cruise September 2 – 7, 2019 We took the Carnival Dream out of Galveston just as a quick escape. Nothing really planned, just some time to relax. We have been on a number of ships, but the Dream was huge. They did a great job of managing people and having enough areas so that when you were on the ship it did not seem crowded. A few lines here and there, but that is to be expected. This was the first cruise we have been on that had all the activities and reservations enable through their app. It made it easy to keep up with everything going on. There was a slight glitch in reserving a dinner time under the my time dining option, but everyone was helpful. They were still working our a few things with the reservations, but I am sure it will get worked out. Food in the dinning room was good, the buffet was average for the most part. The desserts were excellent in both locations. And of course you can't go wrong with Guy's Burgers. There was so much entertainment, you just had to pick and choose. The major productions were excellent, the comedy show we saw was good, and watching a move on the deck was nice too. Definitely entertainment to fit your mood. In Cozumel, Carnival docked at the Punta Maya dock with is the farthest from the downtown area, but only an $8 cab ride to the city center. We have been to Cozumel many times and just enjoy walking around. We made a stop at the Mega store, and I have to echo reports I have seen in other postings. Unfortunately, the customer service is lacking and some sales staff appeared inconvenienced to even be asked a question. Our next stop was Progresso Meridia, were we have never been before. So we booked a tour through TripAdvisor, Sergio’s All-In-One. Once we booked, I received an email with the instructions of where to meet our guide and what to bring with. To get to them you have to walk through the shopping area, with was a longer walk than expected only because I wasn’t familiar with the area, and as we walked through the exit, they were there holding a sign with my name. Uva was our guide and Manual was our driver. Our first stop was El Corchito a manmade Mangrove park with cenotes. You take a water taxi to the park and there we walk through trails to the cenotes where you could swim. It was calm and serene with an occasional racoon walking by. Next we went to the salt flats where we saw how salt was originally harvested and then used for trade. Out in the distance you could see the flamingos. Uva explained the process of how the salt was harvested and how the flamingos kept their pink color. Next we went on the Xcambo Mayan Ruins. Walking around the ruins Uva gave us a guided tour explaining the purpose of the buildings, structures, and historical significance. We really enjoyed the Mayan Ruins. And our last stop was a buffet and open bar at the Techotel which also had a small but nice beach. It was fine, however they were not equipped to handle the number of people they had that day. It was a nice tour that covered a little bit of everything and I would highly recommend for an all day tour of Progresso. I would definitely cruise with Carnival again, and am in the process of planning our next escape. Happy Travels!

Cruise and Progresso Excursion

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Coffee4Eve

Carnival Cruise September 2 – 7, 2019

Coffee4Eve’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A 6210
Cabin was fine. Plenty of storage for a 2 person 5 day cruise. Suitcases slid under the bed, nicely out of the way. Balcony was nice, but we really didn't use it much on this trip. Our room steward was excellent.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Cozumel
    We have taken a number of tours in the past, so we just walked around the down town area for a few hours.
    View All 6,701 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Mayan Ruins
    Our next stop was Progresso Meridia, were we have never been before. So we booked a tour through TripAdvisor, Sergio's All-In-One. Once we booked, I received an email with the instructions of where to meet our guide and what to bring with. To get to them you have to walk through the shopping area, with was a longer walk than expected only because I wasn't familiar with the area, and as we walked through the exit, they were there holding a sign with my name. Uva was our guide and Manual was our driver. Our first stop was El Corchito a manmade Mangrove park with cenotes. You take a water taxi to the park and there we walk through trails to the cenotes where you could swim. It was calm and serene with an occasional racoon walking by. Next we went to the salt flats where we saw how salt was originally harvested and then used for trade. Out in the distance you could see the flamingos. Uva explained the process of how the salt was harvested and how the flamingos kept their pink color. Next we went on the Xcambo Mayan Ruins. Walking around the ruins Uva gave us a guided tour explaining the purpose of the buildings, structures, and historical significance. We really enjoyed the Mayan Ruins. And our last stop was a buffet and open bar at the Techotel which also had a small but nice beach. It was fine, however they were not equipped to handle the number of people they had that day. It was a nice tour that covered a little bit of everything and I would highly recommend for an all day tour of Progresso.
    View All 37 Mayan Ruins Reviews