3. Norwegian Bliss
Picked this cruise for our 30 year wedding anniversary. The cruise itself was nice but we had a great time early on but later not so much. The first stop in Juneau was nice. We wanted to do the Whale watch with Mendnehall glacer but it sold out quickly. We were able to pick up the same thing off ship with a private company. The disembarkation was slow so we had little time to see much at Mendenhall. We had a great time on the whale watching boat. Saw lots of whales. Second stop was Skagway. We booked the UTV excusion that was in Haines and had a great time. Even saw a pair of juvenile eaglets playing overhead before taking off. Made me smile watching them play. At the end it started to rain (with wind) and get cool and made the boat ride back to Scagway pretty bumpy. I didn't get sea sick, but it might have made others (as a warning). Next stop was Glacier Bay...all I can say is Wow! So beautiful. Lots of blue skies and puffy clouds as a the beautiful back drop to all the mountains and glaciers. Great part of the whole trip to be able to sit out on the balcony and watch all the scenery go by. This is a must for an Alaskan itinerary! Now the bad...That evening a storm moved in and the Captain (with home office) called for us to not go to port. (found out later that Holland America made it into port) Grrr! I was looking forward to going to an eagle viewing excursion. From there on it was no fun. It was a lot of sitting around eating and drinking. Or you could pay to play bingo, deal or no deal, or the casino. You would think they would have tried to pull into Victoria early so we could see the place in the day light on our own...but nope they said we couldn't pull in early. So we had a day and a half at sea. Victoria was pretty much a bust. Can't do much in the dark within only 4 hrs. The bus ride to and back from town was $15 per or a 45 minute walk seemed a little pricey for a one and a half mile ride. We walked a bit and then just got frustrated because it was dark and had no directions on how to get anywhere so we just went back to the ship. What a waste of 4 hrs in port. They should find a different port to stop in so you can have maybe 6 hrs to do something or just scrap it all together and stay in another port longer. Don't get me wrong I loved the cruise it's just that things could be better in some cases.

Alaska w/Glacier Bay

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC 10762
Deck - 10
Stateroom # - 10762 Starboard side
Quiet Stateroom? Yes for the most part. Slamming doors or loud TV were heard occasionally
Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No.
Balcony View - Had a great view for the Alaska Glaciers we visited. Standard Balcony Size
Was wind a problem? Yes. It can be fixed by making sure your door is latched/locked. We didn't figure that out until the next day after a very windy night of the door whistling. There were no issues at first for us not keeping the door latched just the one night.
Any specific problems with this cabin? This cabin has no drawers to store underwear and socks.
The location is good - just a little bit off elevator lobby. I noticed up until noon-ish that the cleaning carts were in the hallway quite a bit on this floor so lots of weaving and having to defer to others trying to pass. I would feel bad for anyone that uses a scooter or wheelchair to maneuver around this. Overall this was a good room that I would book again.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins