3. Norwegian Gem
I was attracted to the Boston departure in early September 2019, I wrongly thought we would enjoy more pool time and sun - instead we dodged hurricane Dorian and missed Bar Harbor and Halifax on our first leg. The service was outstanding, the ship was easy to navigate, and public areas and activities were never crowded. The late show in the theater was never more than 2/3 full so you could show up last minute and get a great seat. Guests were older than other NCL cruises I have taken, with average age approx. 70. The itinerary was not as exotic and kids were back in school, so maybe half dozen kids onboard, few if any Europeans or Asian tourists, 80% US and 20% Canadian. The entertainment surprised me, the dancers and singers were just outstanding on the first leg - a new cast came on the second leg from Quebec to Boston and they were excellent also. The comedians were very good, but the cover band and solo musicians in the lounges were just average. Unfortunately we had very few sunny days to enjoy live music at the pool in the late afternoon. The late evening bars and entertainment are hardly attended, literally no one came to karaoke. Not the cruise for those who like to party. While the service on the ship was excellent, the dining room food is just ok. I started eating KETO and the protein choices in the main dining rooms are limited. After 14 days in the same dining room without carbs I paid for specialty dining on my next NCL cruise. Overall, sort of like a floating retirement home. Very good value for money if booked last minute, staff and ship are first class.

Boston to Quebec B2B Early September

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by Weinbob

Weinbob’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8092
Avoid this room. Employee service door is directly outside door. Slams from 4:30 AM until 10:30pm - plus employees greet and chat outside room. Cabin was great otherwise. Obstructed view not too bad.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins