3. Majestic Princess
We chose this for a weekend away with adult kids. These dates and prices worked out at the time for us. This was our first Princess experience. For reference, we have sailed on Carnival Spirit, RC Voyager OTS, and Pacific Explorer. We had four adults in a mini-suite. The lounge became a narrow single bed, with a pullman being the fourth berth. Shower over bath. Narrow balcony. No complaints about the room. Food did not quite meet our expectations, given the hype about Princess food. The desserts were terrific. Service in the MDR terrific of course. The buffet had a very weird grid-like pattern layout, which no real logic to it. I found this area very claustrophobic. I would rate this area and the food at 2.5/5. The inside of the ship seemed very disconnected from the sea outside. Almost all of the public areas are enclosed by restaurants around the outside, or the shops. Way too many shops in my view, but I know some people love them. Even the door to exit onto the small outside (uncovered) area on deck 7 was frosted. You may as well just be in a Westfield anywhere. There did not seem to be enough public areas to suit the number of passengers and not enough shady areas outside. The lack of promenade deck adds to the challenge in this area I believe. The atrium area is very pretty but very noisy with mostly paid restaurants or the photos etc around it. Sometimes parts of this area or the access way to it was blocked off for an activity, making it even more difficult to get around on the ship. I would not want to be on this ship in poor weather as I feel the inside public areas would become very unpleasant. You would be extra glad of your balcony cabin in bad weather. As mentioned by others the theatre area seems to fall well short of requirements for the number of passengers. We saw the new show which I did enjoy. The fact that the 7.15 pm show is televised live into the Princess Live theatre indicated that the supply of seats does not meet the demand. On the other hand, some of the game shows were done in the Princess Live theatre, which seemed too small for the number of people who wished to have a seat. Hollywood Conservatory is quite pretty, although I personally am not a fan of indoor pools. Table Tennis, golf driving range, basketball court seemed to meet with approval. The Laser shooting area did not seem to be open or accessible with no explanation given. Service terrific, poolside music, movies etc good. As mentioned by others trying to get around on this ship is clunky, with corridors and walkways on both the lower and upper public decks ending abruptly. I felt almost all of the public corridors, stairwells, lift lobbies, buffett area were too narrow for the number of people trying to move around on the ship. Seawalk area and bar a nice quirk. In short, I am not too sure that this ship suits the Australian market or cruising in warm climates or scenic areas. Lucky there is a lot of balcony rooms on this ship because it may be the best spot to sit and realize that you are traveling on the ocean. (other than on deck 17). We enjoyed our first taste of Princess overall, and will do again, but probably not on this ship.

Not sure if this is suited to warm climate or scenic cruising.

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by ELep

Service terrific, poolside music, movies etc good.

Seawalk area and bar a nice quirk.

ELep’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB A520
Terrific. Nice amount of space. Balconies on this ship are quite small at 3m squ. Mix of Au and US power points. Date points beside the bed. Fridge. Three seater lounge became narrow single plus a pullman over the top of the single. Shower over bath.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins