Norwegian Escape Cruise Review

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by eaubin

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom

I chose this cruise because of the itinerary and thoroughly enjoyed every stop, especially St. John and Halifax. I can’t wait to go back. Service was very good. Food in the main dining rooms was, for the most part, only OK, but the buffet was quite nice for breakfast and afternoon meals and snacks. I would like to have seen more berries and legumes for salads. Embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly (we handled our own baggage). Easy off and on in ports of call as well. Our standard balcony cabin was adequate and clean. Shows were very good. While the itinerary was fantastic, the availability of shore excursions was limited. We were only able to book our top choice in one port and sometimes even our second choice was unavailable. That being said, our excursions did go very well. I would definitely do this cruise again or perhaps do the one way trip to Montreal or Quebec City. I was not sure that I would like cruising in cooler weather, but this was the nicest cruise I have ever been on!

eaubin's Full Rating Summary

Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 14302

Perfect room for cooler weather. (I have stayed in aft-facing staterooms before and the lack of breeze can be an issue.) One morning, there was quite a bit of soot on the balcony, but otherwise a fine choice. Storage was adequate and cabin was a nice size for two adults. Convenient to everything but the theater.

Cadillac Mountain

Breathtaking vistas, but the ride was a bit scary for me.

View All 48 Cadillac Mountain Reviews
Old City Market

Wonderful walking tour with a terrific guide. Sampled some delicious local food.

View All 5 Old City Market Reviews
City Tour

We visited the maritime museum, walked the boardwalk and went to the public gardens. The gardens are a must see. The only issue was a very long wait for the bus when leaving the first stop.

View All 55 City Tour Reviews