3. MSC Armonia
On their website, the MSC cruise line is described as a “gamechanger in the world of cruising…”. Nothing could be further from the truth. My boyfriend and I excitedly booked a cruise with MSC this summer from August 12 to August 19 - travelling to Honduras, Mexico, and Grand Cayman. It was my first cruise and from MSC’s website pictures, their shipboard amenities and services seemed ideal. However, our first trip with MSC will definitely be our last for these reasons: Announcements – non-urgent, informational announcements (e.g. arriving at a port) were made via the in-cabin speaker system instead of the hallway speakers – starting at 7:30 a.m. Buffet Food – hot entrees and side dishes were room temperature and on several occasions cold. We noticed there were no heat apparatuses under the serving trays. Drink Packages – MSC’s procedure requires that guests carry and present their room key-card each time they order drinks to verify their drink package instead of simply asking for a cabin number as other cruise lines do. Cabin Bed - mattresses were “paper thin” and rock hard. We requested extra pillows to compensate and it took 6 calls and three hours to received them. Ferry to Cayman Port – the port of Grand Cayman requires that guests be ferried to the island. MSC offered “priority reserved” ferry service to the port at a cost of $20.00 per person. However, free ferry service to and from the ship was available throughout our port stay. Flooded Bathroom – On the third day, our bathroom flooded because the floor drain was clogged. It took two calls in the morning for this issue to be corrected in the afternoon. Pool - two pools, both bath-tub sized. Restaurant Food – entrees were consistently brought out in intervals e.g. pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage. As one example, eggs were served with a 10 to 15-minute interval before pancakes and sausages were served. Needless to say, the eggs would be cold and need to be returned by the time the pancakes and sausages were served. Despite requests to be fully served, this happened every time – including dinner. Room Service – An order of a sandwich and French fries took over an hour. When I called to find out what happened, I was told that it was “too late to get room service”. However, the person I spoke with initially took the order and said it would be sent “in about 15 minutes”. After pressing this point, the food was eventually delivered. Staff – many staff members throughout the ship are not fluent in English. At times, it took speaking to two or three people to communicate simple requests – e.g. a food order. I could go on, but suffice to say MSC needs to do more to truly be a “gamechanger in the world of cruising”.

Want to have a Great Cruise? Avoid MSC Armonia!

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by JThompson1870

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom – Aurea

Pool - two pools, both bath-tub sized.

JThompson1870’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Armonia price drops

Oceanview Stateroom – Aurea
Cabin O3
The cabin was average, the bed was TERRIBLE!
Ametista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins