3. Emerald Princess
After a convention in Hollywood Beach, FL, we set sail on the Emerald Princess on April 25. Embarkation was a breeze and our cabin was ready when my spouse and I boarded at 1:00 PM. After the usual life boat drill, the sail away party was an indication that a good time will be had by all.

I will break down the usual topics:

Food: Absolutely no complaints. We had an early seating and the waiter and his assistant were great (Table 36). Food was well prepared and came out warm and in a timely manner. No rushing. Trident Grill had great cheeseburgers and the Pizzeria was very good. Room service was good but disappointed that there were no eggs, etc. Just cereral and pastry. Sabbitini's was excellent. Highly recommend but devout at least 2-3 hours. Did not visit the Crown Grill.

Stateroom: We had a mini-suite and it was large with a nice balcony on the Dolphin deck. Problem is that those above can look down on you. Plenty of room for all of my wife's "stuff". Cabin steward, Jose, very nice and we had comp champange upon arrival. Cabin clean at all times.

Entertainment: Kevin Hughes was great, as well as Phil Tag, both comedeanes. The production shows, which I normally can do without, were not that great.

Ports: Princess Cays was fine until the skies opened up. But I saw the clouds rolling in and we returned to the ship, tendered, before things got bad. St. Marteen we did a snokeling trip that was only ok. St. Thomas we did sailboat racing and we really enjoyed that. Grand Turk we did another snokeling trip with a visit to the stingrays and it was fantastic. Problem was we either arrived late or left early at these ports.

Disembarkation was orderly with a touch of chaos but we arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare. We used Princess's service with the luggage. They collected our bags at 10 PM and we next saw them in Phoenix when we got there the next evening.

Overall, a great cruise and a great time. Only suggestion is that they upgrade their wine list in the Dining Room. Some stuff was not very good.

I definitely would recommend Princess and this ship. This was our third Princess cruise but first since 1997 and they have improved a lot.

Great Time in the Sun

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by ssawjo

I will break down the usual topics:

ssawjo’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Cabin D322
Good size, hard bed, pillows should be replaced, we had a noisy neighbor but we tolerated it, otherwise it was quiet enough.
  Emerald Princess Deck Plans