3. AmaCello
It was my first cruise with the AmaWaterways, but it will not be the last. I chose it because it was the only cruise that offered exactly the tour I wanted to take, including the possibility of spending three days in Paris partly on my own, but always backed up by the AmaWaterways personnel in case of need; and talking of that, Sonja always kept me under her wings, whether I was a few meters or a few kilometers from her. Sure of that, I always felt safe and ready to explore. Everybody on the ship was a dream, including the Captain, who is an excellent dancer. Everybody had a smile and help to offer, including the other cruisers; in fact, I noticed that this company attracts a nice and knowledgeable crowd. Mr. Peter van Straaten, the Executive Chef, had no limits on how to provide excellent and exclusive repasts on a river cruise ship that, after all, must have some restrictions on how large a kitchen can possibly be. The choice of land excursions and guides was also excellent. When it seemed impossible to find a taxi in Lyon, the guide said that if the second taxi she called would also not show up, she would take me to the Musee de Tissues with our bus; fortunately, the second taxy arrived. Thank you for everything. Maria Villarreal

A Great Experience

Annunciata’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaCello price drops

Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A 321
Pleasant with indirect lighting, always perfectly kept, with a very functional bathroom, TV/computer combination, French balcony for excellent view from bed, lots of mirrors to create the illusion of more space, very comfortable bed.
Violing Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins