3. Victoria Grace
We did not choose this river cruise boat. It was part of a Cruise.co.uk bucket list tour. Three days on the Yangtze. The boat was boarded in Chongquin. A city that I would have liked to spend more time in. It was boarded via hundreds of steps. On reaching our cabin, over several metal floors that were seriously buckled and flipped you up as you walked over them, we were not at all pleased. There was a pervading smell of damp, the bathroom had black mound around extremely ageing bathroom fittings. They needed a deep clean and bleaching. Our single beds were falling apart, rust breaking off them. They were wet with damp. Our clothes began to smell and some hand washing done on board stayed wet for three days. Some from our party had mould growing on their washing. Cleanliness was not a priority. Bins were emptied and beds made. I dare not lift the covers to see what the mattress was like!! Our cabin was never hoovered. Cups were dirty. The room thermos of hot water was filled by the room attendant, from the same tap they used for their mops and buckets!! Our cabin floor was buckled and dangerous, especially on night time trips!! Drawers were falling apart and the wardrobe stank. Food was strange. Two hour buffet sitting resulted in food being taken away after just over an hour on two nights. Several items ran out early. The last night Gala Dinner was largely inedible. I resorted to biscuits in my cabin, but the damp had got to them. They were soft. In fact books and passports became wrinkled with the damp, my tin of mints became soft and crumbly and we all ended up with chesty coughs as a result of damp spores. I had previously spoken with Victoria at the World Travel Market and their literature dies not give a true image of their service. Our tour guide said this was their o,desk and cheapest ship and she should be retired! A really nasty experience, saved only by cheap drinks, which may have been reduced to placate us, and the young bar and entertainment team. One star rating, as lowest I could give!!!

This boat should be CONDEMMED

Victoria Grace Cruise Review by LegalEagle2012

One star rating, as lowest I could give!!!
LegalEagle2012’s Full Rating Summary
Get Victoria Grace price drops

See main review. Just awful.
  Victoria Grace Deck Plans