3. Norwegian Breakaway
Day one before we even left port, we had a bomb scare on the ship, which delayed us from leaving port. Day one and two, very rocky waters, hard to walk on the ship. Now I do understand it is hurricane season, so forgiven there. Day 3 we finally arrived in Puerto Rico around 4 pm to find that the town had pretty much closed down. There had been an earth quake on the island, so people were urged to stay home, so only a few store and restaurants open. Again mother nature. We were to leave at midnight on day 3, but had to stay in port over night and all day the next day. With this being said, we missed our next port which was to be St Thomas. So we started onto the Bahama's late the day around 6 pm. Overnight there was a person who was so drunk, was kicked out of some the entertainment clubs, and then went into a bathroom falling and cracking/cutting her head open. So when we got up early Saturday morning about 6 am, we had the coast guard come to get the patient off the ship, only to find out we were back at Puerto Rico. Needless to say for the next 2 days we were sailing back to Miami because again, we missed out port in the Bahama's. All because of a drunk person. Not a happy person at all. I do understand that the weather played a part into missing one port, but not the second port. Both the ports we missed was the 2 that my husband and I wanted to see. Many of the people on board was going to customer service desk to see about what Norwegian was going to do for us. At the desk, it was very confusing. The desk could not give us any answers, as we were told we would have to contact the main office in Miami. However, over night we received a letter that they were giving us a $50 credit for on board us. This is and was very unacceptable. Yes, I will never go on another Norwegian cruise again, and I will be contacting Miami about all the issues.

From day one, horrible trip

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Jschnitty54

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom
Jschnitty54’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 10684
Cabin was kept clean. Of course very small. but sufficient.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins