3. MSC Magnifica
My wife and I decided to cruise for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We chose MSC for the location. We were lucky to spend 2 days in Venice prior to departure which was amazing. Firstly having read reviews I see a lot of negative reports on what appear to be unreasonable expectations of the staff. One reviewer using words like “our demands were not met” I didn’t realise it was a dictatorship !! Staff- Wonderful people. Multi lingual. This is an Italian company the staff are from all over the world. If you smile or engage them you get the same back. They work hard but efficiently for your enjoyment. Take some time to speak to them. They are wonderful people with great life stories. Remember they are at work just like most of us do, we all have off days. The food was good. Catering for 3000 people from 6am-11pm is a challenge. We ate in the restaurants. Table served by waiters. The dinner choice was excellent and we made good friends. Staff were very attentive and it felt like an intimate dinner party with fine dining. Potions aren’t big but good quality. If you prefer quantity the Buffett will deliver for you. Didn’t eat enough times to share a balanced opinion but there is huge variety. The drink service is slow but the place is busy. The entertainment was perfect for us. A 30 minute show in the royal theatre. Fantastic performers and quality production. There was live music in every bar more background but variety. We didn’t venture to the nightclub. Out cabin was near the front with a balcony. Perfect room, great views and Olivier was very efficient. We didn’t spend much time in there due to the quality of social areas. The ports were as expected. I’ll leave you to decide. We did not make Katakolon due to weather. MSC excursions are expensive. We were advised by others to do Hop on Hop off buses. We didn’t but on reflection should have around €20pp. We did two MSC trips to Athens and Santorini. The drinks package we had has been changed now. It’s worth doing if you enjoy a drink especially during dinner when your glass is continually topped up !! Over all we loved it and it would take some beating. We will use MSC again and recommend

Excellent debut cruise

MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by Nick570

The drink service is slow but the place is busy.

Nick570’s Full Rating Summary