3. Canadian Empress
Unfortunately this is the first and last time I will be sailing with St Lawrence Cruise Lines. My husband and I booked on one of their cruises through the islands and while the scenery was lovely, it didn't make up for the failings of the boat. 1) Constant smell of sewage from the staterooms. We were told by repeat passengers onboard that this was something they encountered last time they were there. Apparently it's ongoing 2) Many leaks were observed in the toilets and as a result of the air-conditioning unit (whichwas loud and prevented sleep) 3) Decor is tired and old. Parts of the boat seem to have been renovated, but the majority of the thing look ready for retirement. 4) Dining crew were amazing! Despite any setbacks, those ladies worked their collective tush off to try and make it up to us! I left a large tip to our stewardess which I HOPE made it to her. I wrote her name on the envelope. 5) Tours were lackluster, zero or limited accessibility for disabled or mobility restricted individuals. 6) Deckhands were polite and personable, though one left during our trip, and my husband said there was a management issue, so... It seems they have a problem holding onto their employees. I want to stress that the scenary, and the employees (at least the dining ladies, engineer and deckhands... We didn't see the captain or mate often) were just incredible! They tried everything to make our trip worthwhile, and to keep us happy. If it wasn't for them, we would have walked two days in.

2000$ Waste