3. Majestic Princess
The itinerary appealed. I enjoy cruising in and out of Sydney. I'd read reports that this ship was built for an Asian market so perhaps they don't like the fresh air and sun? The vast Hollywood Conservatory would have been much better if the roof and windows opened. It was adults only but strong chlorine smell, bizarre fake bird noises and lack of sun made it very unappealing. Might as well have been in a hotel lobby. There is only one outdoor pool and of course, the shrieking children were in that one. All ports except Brisbane were tender ports. The elderly demographic meant this was a very slow process, walking frames and all. The shuttle from Yorkeys Knob and Brisbane Cargo Wharf should have been free as there was no other option. Food was excellent, especially the Chef's Table experience, well worth the charge. Ship was very clean and shiny new, beds were fabulous. The buffet had a confusing lay out, many people going round in circles. It needed another tea/coffee area, often that was all I came for but those plastic mugs are horrible. The Room Service menu hasn't changed in 20 years and definitely needs a revamp. Afternoon tea in my cabin and balcony breakfast were superb. Super quick check in and out. I didn't go to any shows, too crowded. Atmosphere in bars ruined by sport on big screens. The outdoor movie screen was mostly not used as had broken in the storm. I liked the peace. Much time devoted to the art auctions, not my taste and very little sold. My cabin was on deck 15, good location for quick hop upstairs to pool and buffet. Deluxe balcony and I enjoyed having the sofa to sit on rather than those tub chairs or the bed. The balcony was small. I loved Port Douglas and Airlie Beach and will visit again. Saw friends in Brissie, port at Hamilton much more convenient but ship too large. I loved the newness of the ship but have realised I prefer a smaller vessel that can dock in town instead of tenders. I also think I'm too young or the Princess demographic is rapidly getting older, slower and grumpier, some real whingers onboard, nothing pleased them. Fortunately my dinner companions, late sitting Allegro were fantastic as were the staff.

Not enough outdoor pools and space

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by Capricornia7

The itinerary appealed. I enjoy cruising in and out of Sydney.

Ship was very clean and shiny new, beds were fabulous.

The Room Service menu hasn't changed in 20 years and definitely needs a revamp.

Afternoon tea in my cabin and balcony breakfast were superb.

Super quick check in and out.

Much time devoted to the art auctions, not my taste and very little sold.

Capricornia7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony
Cabin DE M202
Extremely comfortable bed. Had to ask for firm pillows. Great to have the sofa to sit on but frequently banged into the little table. Balcony seemed a lot smaller than other Princess but that might have been my deck? I've never liked the giant pump pack for shampoo/conditioner and body wash but I understand the reason. Had delightful amenities pack with loofah mit, lotion, sleep masks and fragrance. As per all Princess, fridge never got very cold. Mini bar and water were all labeled in Chinese which I found odd.
Terrific to have usb port and various plug types so no need of adaptor.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins