3. Royal Clipper
We had such an amazing trip aboard the Royal Clipper! We traveled last year to Greece on Star Flyer, and immediately booked our this trip upon return. We are so happy that we did! The ship was beautiful, and elegant. We loved the main atrium and found that the set up for dining was preferable, to star flyer, which was extremely hot and loud once it got full. We enjoyed the food quite a bit more on this trip as well, always good and really outstanding on more than a few occasions. We sat with different people each night and met some very interesting and well traveled passengers. The dining staff was Wonderful! (which was not our experience on SF) Always bright, friendly smiles,with quick and attentive service,at every meal. I Loved having a fresh cooked omelet each morning, and the friendly chef made it that much nicer. My husband and I don't drink a lot, but the bartender still remembered our names each of the few times we did ask for something. We also really enjoyed the sports team, who kindly helped me up the mast to the crow's nest and also provided us the thrill of swimming off of the sports deck, a few days in a row, which we really loved (and did not get to do on SF, as it was never offered). The entertainment, as others have noted, is pretty "summer-camp" with the crew and fellow passengers sharing their talents They did have a local group perform one night, which was also pretty campy. But It was fun, and we were fine with it. The true entertainment is the sailing aspect, and it was just glorious. My husband watched the sunrise each morning and we caught a few sunsets as well. The soft breezes whipping the sails as the lights of the passing islands went by were perfect. Both excursions that we took through the ship were Wonderful and I highly recommend them! First we went to Pompeii , which was a marvel in itself, but our guide was so knowledgeable and directed our group so well, that it really enhanced the overall experience. We also took the boat tour to Positano, which we loved. The town was beautiful, and nice to wander about in, and the boat ride was great fun. We enjoyed the beach in Ponza and found an amazing Archeological Museum in Lipari. In Tarormina, we went with a local guide.(Priselli's: with whom we took a horseback ride in Etna National Park followed by a farm tour and house made lunch for 2) We adored Rome and spent a couple of extra days exploring, mostly on foot. The tours we took were outstanding and I can also highly recommend them. 1. The Roman Guy, underground tour of the Colosseum and 2.Viator/City Wonders tour of The Villa Borghese. (so very beautiful!) Overall, it was an absolutely Wonderful Vacation. We cannot wait to return to Italy on the Royal Clipper!!

Wonderful Italian Adventure

Royal Clipper Cruise Review by Off2seeAlaska

We had such an amazing trip aboard the Royal Clipper!

Off2seeAlaska’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Clippers Royal Clipper price drops

We enjoyed our elegant cabin immensely. It was lovely and extremely well maintained.The closet and drawer space was plenty for the two of us, and the suitcases fit nicely under the beds. Our room steward kept it spotless and we always returned to a welcoming tidy space after our adventures. The bed was amazingly comfortable and combined with the rocking of the boat had us sleeping like babies! While I did read some comments regarding the difficulty some people had with the beds being pushed against the wall, I honestly didn't even notice.There are two separate comforters to sleep under, so i just slid down to the end of the bed to get up if my husband was still asleep, without bothering him in the least.
We were on a quiet lower floor without much passing traffic, which we appreciated. There was a door which led out into the main dining room just at the end of our hallway, which was quite convenient, and the stairway through the main entryway was central to all of the areas we wanted to access, (and beautiful as well)
  Royal Clipper Deck Plans