3. Grand Princess
I specifically wanted to go thru Tracy Arm Fjord and was not disappointed with this cruise. Crew members were amazing, scenery was indescribable and passengers are now considered friends. We enjoyed exploring Sitka alone while participating in excursions in Haines and Juneau. Disappointed with the minimal time available in Victoria, Canada but I hadn't expected to want more time. What a beautiful area. Whale watching in Juneau is a must and we thoroughly enjoyed the salmon bake. Unfortunately that was the same night the ship served Alaskan crab. The ATV excursion was a great adventure for Haines. All of our side trips were thru the cruise line, my husband would not have been ok with the possibility of missing the ship. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We even commented on needing the pillows at home. Space was sufficient for the two of us. We packed so many clothes it was embarrassing. The laundry facility was just down the hall. Breakfast room service was lacking with only cold croissants or muffins and fruit as an option. We did order cookies and milk one night but the cookies were also cold and the milk room temperature. I would say the food was average for a cruise but still very good. Loved visiting the Crooners Bar and the Intl Cafe. The one standard daily complaint is EFFY. My stars every time I turned around they were pushing jewelry on you. Entertainment was great and enjoyed talks from Tess about the glaciers, the area and wildlife. This was a big plus. We did not go to Ketchikan so we didn't get to enjoy the lumberjack presentations that are so widely advertised. We would have loved to see that even not going to that port but the totem carver was good too. We loved it. When we go back e will do a land sea tour. The two plus sea days could have been spent somewhere on land enjoying Alaska instead of on the boat eating.

Great first time on Princess

Angi200’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD B744
Unusual balcony located in "the uprights". Angled slightly pointing forward but great views (can see in pic). You can definitely see our balcony from shore. I wasn't sure about this balcony at first but we were able to sit outside during an Alaskan shower, which happens often. Balcony echoed a little bit but it was the only one that was dry. Room was spacious enough for the two of us and I was surprised that there were sufficient plug ins for phone, iPad and camera batteries to charge overnight. Cabin was very clean and bed was amazingly comfortable.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• 4x4 Tour
    Great time riding on side by sides thru the back woods. The young folks kept us entertained while driving to out kick of spot and throughout the tour. They even pointed out Parker Schnables house And they had not seen the show because they don't have TV. I loved these tour guides and would book another tour of I knew they would be with us.
  • Whale Watching
    Great fun and saw six whales. Smaller boat but no worries, smooth ride. Finished up with the salmon bake and it was wonderful even though it was raining.
    View All 841 Whale Watching Reviews
  • San Francisco
    Pier 39 was as expected. Next time we'll do Alcatraz. Had to ride the cable cars of course. Stayed a night at the Stratford in Union square. Good value for the location, very small room. But the unknown gem we stumbled on was the ferry out to Angel island and over to Sausalito. Wonderful way to get around. FYI Uber can't find Muir Woods and there's no internet there. Prearrange a can of take a tour but they all start in SFO. Found an awesome burger in Sausalito on the main drag next to the ice cream parlor. Great City.
    View All 326 San Francisco Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Francisco Cruise Port Review
  • Sitka
    Just enjoyed the national Park and totem poles. Then we meandered over to the raptor center. Great day.
    View All 337 Sitka Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Sitka Cruise Port Review
  • Victoria
    Grabbed a rickshaw at Port and experienced a great overview of the city and personalized tour. They dropped us where we wanted to go and waited until we were ready to go again.
    View All 1,313 Victoria Cruise Port Reviews