3. Norwegian Escape
We chose this cruise to spend a few extra days in NYC and we hadn’t been to Bermuda before. It was just my husband and I. We have been on several NCL cruises before and had no complaints with them. We were spent a significant portion of our time onboard with the art auctions as that was our primary reason for the cruise. The condition of the ship overall was somewhat rundown. For example, chairs had no padding left in the padded seats. Not quite as clean, bits missing here and there. Our room was okay. Unlike other cruises where the steward introduced himself the first day, we didn’t even see ours until mid-week. A lot of the staff seemed to have an attitude. The food in the buffet area was so-so. Not much variety and there were times the condition was not acceptable (cold eggs, hard edges on French toast). Even some of the specialty dining options were so-so. The French restaurant Le Bistro was very good. Teppenyaki was good but so loud you couldn’t carry on a conversation. The entertainment options were somewhat limited but they did have some great comedy acts. The lines at the guest serves were always long and I know that I had to go back several times over the same issue. Bermuda is beautiful. Clean, very safe, and easy to get around. Since we had 3 days in port, we didn’t schedule any excursions. Took the ferry and public bus to get around. You can also rent scooters. In general, everything is a little more $$ there but worth getting out. Not much shopping other than the usual. Beaches, snorkeling, or scuba is best use of time. Just a warning . . . If you aren’t used humidity, it really hits you . . . Like swimming underwater! Don’t use NCL transportation to the airport. They don’t leave until everyone is on board. After waiting 1 hour, 2/3 of the passengers to Newark hadn’t shown up and we were told if we needed to catch a taxi to make our flight, NCL would reimburse transportation voucher, I’m still fighting with them. Overall, very disappointing experience. I’m not sure if I will cruise NCL again.

Disappointing

MountainMama64’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 11846
Room was average for a balcony. Showing it’s age. Service definitely could have been better.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins