Carnival Elation Cruise Review
1,144 Reviews

The Elation should be renamed to HELLation! Sell this ship!

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by NancySmith

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I hate to badmouth, but I have no choice but speak my mind and speaking only about this Carnival ship, not the rest. You charge us that kind of money, we expect first class all the way! One engine was bad when we left and stabilizer didn’t work and rocking so hard, people vomiting and running to buy Dramamine! We were suppose to go to Dominican Republic and Turks and Caicos and we didn’t have enough power because they knew that when we left Port Canaveral and were diverted to Nassau instead. Why didn’t we wait and get the parts and fix it and be delayed a few hours, everyone on board was asking? Took two days to get back to Port Canaveral on one engine from Nassau. Food mostly cold and elevators took sometimes 10-15 minutes! Only bright spots was Cruise Director Chris and Guy Burger was hot and good! We spent a total of $3000 for the cruise and SW plane tickets and got one day in Nassau and water was rough on all beaches and lifeguard blew the whistle and told us to get out of the water. We paid for 5 days and drove around on one engine for 4 and never saw Dominican or Turks, plus my husband and I work for a contract company and you don’t work, you don’t get paid! Carnival offered us half our cruise fare toward another cruise. Hubby said pass! We went to Nassau last cruise and husband didn’t like it and said no more, so where did we go! My hubby said no more Carnival because the ships are too old and unkept. People smoking outside our balcony room and the whole ship smells like smoke and people smoking everywhere. He has asthma and had to use his inhaler quite because he had problems breathing with all that smoke! I told several security persons about it and just walked away? I been on different cruise lines and food was hot and ship looked kept up. Rust spots everywhere outside around pool and deck areas. Need to sell this ship and order another one. I’m going back to Royal Caribbean! Also, it was our 40th wedding anniversary cruise on the HELLation! Carnival got the gold mine and we got the shaft!

NancySmith's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Average room on any cruise line

NancySmith