3. Viking Kvasir
I used to cruise on Viking River ships then I started going on the Viking Ocean cruises for the last four years, I decided to go back on a Viking River cruise, and I was interested in this tour since it included two nights in Zurich, Switzerland and two nights in Paris in hotels. This trip make the fifteen cruise on Viking River or Ocean ship. I was afraid the River trip would not be as good as the Ocean trip since the Ocean ship is larger and they have more activities and restaurants. I did not need to worry the food was still great, they had local entertainment at night, in addition to piano player, and excellent free shore excursions. I love the Quiet boxes, you can really hear the information about the places you are visiting. We got to meet some interesting people at dinner. All and all it was an excellent trip. We started off in Zurich At a Hotel, where Viking provided a free cruise on Lake Zurich, then Went to Basel old town then to Strasbourg, an enjoyable twon with Renaissance architecture. In Mainz, we visited the Gutenberg Museum showing the importance of the printing press, t, We then cruised on upper Rhine ,enjoying the view of castles on hillsides. We visited some small Germany towns Speyer, Koblenz and Cochem with cobblestones and great white wine. One tour even included free wine tasting and explanation of wine making from the owner. We switched to Moselle River and ended portion of River cruise and took bus to Paris, it was a long day since we visited Luxenbourg cemetery, where Patton is buried and other World War II American veterans, then on to old city of Luxemberg, and finally arriving in Paris just in time to hit heavy traffic. Next day we had morning bus tour of Paris ending at Notre Dame Catheral. In the afternoon we went on our own riding Metro to funicular to go to Sacred Heart. We walked around enjoying the view overlooking Paris. Cathedral was free so only cost was $9 euros for Metro and funicular. The metro was clearly marked you just have to know last stop to know which direction you want to go. Viking had offered a tour that covered the trip and I am sure one would get more information on the church but I was more interested in the overview. I used the money instead for a nice lunch to the left of the church and up the street there were numerous eating areas. When you are off the boat, and staying at the hotels only the breakfast is included I am looking forward to my next river cruise when Viking starts sailing on the Mississippi River, maybe 2021.

Great ship, excursions and food

Viking Kvasir Cruise Review by jnatter

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

jnatter’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Kvasir price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 316
We were upgraded to this one bedroom suite with a separate seating area with a couch and large screen TV with a veranda outside. The cabin had lovely air conditioning which was really appreciated as it reached 88 degrees outside. We could only use veranda in the early mornings to at night since it was too hot outside during the day. Although it was supposed to be 72 to 78, it end up, except in Paris being 83 to 88, changing weather patterns.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins