3. Norwegian Escape
There was a major problem on this cruise: SMOKE from disgusting cigarettes. There was smoke from the casino that permeated all 3 floors of the area by the restaurants, floors 6,7 & 8, by the Tobacco Rd bar (The cigar room was there), by the jogging track where it went by a bar ( I was walking and had to breathe smoke), by the Le Bistro. Also there were not enough seats to listen to the guitarist by Tobacco Rd,and smoke by H2O bar and hot tub. We even smelt the dam smoke when I opened our balcony door. You could even smell the smoke in the Atrium area. When we got out of Le Bistro (which was mediocre and ridiculously small portions) the smoke hit you in the face. We would of spent more time gambling if it were not for the fact that it was hard to breathe with all of the smoke. When we were in the hot tub by the adult pool, young parents were bringing there below five year old's in there. There was nobody to supervise and watch for this and get them removed. I do not need to be in a hot tub with kids splashing. This ship was too crowded and had inadequate elevator service. You literally had to wait for multiple elevators to pass before there was enough room to squeeze in one. There was elevator congestion for most of the cruise. We did not have these problems on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. We have been on ten cruises, 3 of them NCL. We will never take another unhealthy air NCL cruise. We have to wash the smoke smell out of out clothes. There was also the constant smell of dried urine from the toilet. I just searched the net and this another common complaint about the ship, in addition to the smoking. I constantly told the steward about it and he used cleaning supplies to mask the smell but it did not take care of the problem. I am going to add this to my social media postings, so potential cruiser's will know what they are getting into. NCL falls far short of Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. We will never plan a cruise on NCL again.

Good cruise except for the SMOKE

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Bruce S

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

Bruce S’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB 12862
It was ok, nothing special. The bed was uncomfortable and felt like we were sleeping on a cot. I had the steward put a foam mattress topper on it.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins