• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Constellation Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Oh Celebrity, We will be back!

Review for Celebrity Constellation to the Mediterranean
vegasgreg61
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Concierge Class 2

This is our 12th cruise, the third to the Mediterranean area, and our first on Celebrity. We chose this cruise for the itinerary. With the exception of Barcelona, we had not been to any of these ports on our prior cruises. Having read some of the reviews, I had become a bit skeptical about the condition of the ship. She was beautiful, very well maintained and very clean. One would have look exceedingly hard to find a blemish. I wondered if this is the same ship. The Constellation is a perfect size for me. It is large enough to have many features and plenty of seating for everyone. It is small enough to give that intimate feeling but never felt crowded at all. I do not fit the demographic for zip-lining, flow-riding, and rock climbing anyway.

My wife and I flew into Venice three days early to acclimate and sight-see. Venice is a fabulous city we pre-booked our transportation and tours from our hotel web-site. Marriott could not have made it any easier for us. Boarding the ship was simple too. Unlike some of the other cruise lines, Celebrity let passengers board very early and opened all of the common spaces for our comfort in relaxing while the staterooms and the ship was prepared. Our boarding “appointment” was for 12:30. Having boarding appointment was a new concept for us a well, but it worked great. We were asked to show up 2 hours early. There was no wait at 10:30 to process and/or board. Although we were “concierge class”, it really seemed to make no difference as at the time as none of the passengers needed to wait in line to check-in or to board. Very smooth, efficient, and customer friendly.

Our stateroom was 6413. This was nice as it was situated in between two suites so that provided us with an extra deep balcony. Nice.

Concierge Class 2

Cabin C2

Appointed as expected, clean, large enough but double depth balcony. Cabin steward Natasha was absolutely outstanding. We provided her a tip on day one and asked for an ice bucket nightly, she actually filled it twice each day for us. There when/if we needed her, gone when we did not.

12 Helpful Votes