3. Celebrity Constellation
This is our 12th cruise, the third to the Mediterranean area, and our first on Celebrity. We chose this cruise for the itinerary. With the exception of Barcelona, we had not been to any of these ports on our prior cruises. Having read some of the reviews, I had become a bit skeptical about the condition of the ship. She was beautiful, very well maintained and very clean. One would have look exceedingly hard to find a blemish. I wondered if this is the same ship. The Constellation is a perfect size for me. It is large enough to have many features and plenty of seating for everyone. It is small enough to give that intimate feeling but never felt crowded at all. I do not fit the demographic for zip-lining, flow-riding, and rock climbing anyway. My wife and I flew into Venice three days early to acclimate and sight-see. Venice is a fabulous city we pre-booked our transportation and tours from our hotel web-site. Marriott could not have made it any easier for us. Boarding the ship was simple too. Unlike some of the other cruise lines, Celebrity let passengers board very early and opened all of the common spaces for our comfort in relaxing while the staterooms and the ship was prepared. Our boarding “appointment” was for 12:30. Having boarding appointment was a new concept for us a well, but it worked great. We were asked to show up 2 hours early. There was no wait at 10:30 to process and/or board. Although we were “concierge class”, it really seemed to make no difference as at the time as none of the passengers needed to wait in line to check-in or to board. Very smooth, efficient, and customer friendly. Our stateroom was 6413. This was nice as it was situated in between two suites so that provided us with an extra deep balcony. Nice. We booked tours on most ports thru Celebrity. You do know that if you book on-line in advance you can save 20%, not much difference from booking privately and the guarantee is there, so there is that, no risk of the ship leaving port without us. The guides were all fabulous and informative, the ports were all terrific, many wine tours for us on this trip. No complaints at all. Natasha our cabin steward was absolutely top notch, perhaps best in the industry. Vlad and Andrii our waiters in the MDR took great care of us. The food was exceptional; some nights the MDR offered too many great choices. No real reason to go to the specialty restaurants, although we did go on one evening. Tuscan grill is a combination steak/Italian restaurant. I found this to be odd as it seemed to be strange to pay $40 for pasta, so we both opted for the steaks. We would have gone for a pasta dinner, but not at that price point. Celebrity, put me on your focus group! I can help you understand your customer base. We are from Las Vegas and we know buffets. The lunch buffet was exceptional. We did eat out in port a few times to experience the local cuisine and flavors, I mean who can go to Spain and not try the paella, right? But everyday the lunch buffet offered many choices and daily themes; German, Italian, Indian, BBQ, seafood, so many choices and all very good. Breakfast buffet included an omelet station, and poached/Benedict station, pancakes/waffles, and then all of the usual breakfast foods as well, oatmeal, fresh fruits and melon, .hash browns, bacon, sausage, bangers, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, pastries, yummy. We did go to most of the shows and enjoyed everyone that we had seen. The ship’s orchestra is exceedingly good. The singers/dancers are all very talented. Cruise director Alejandro is an absolute laugh-riot. Live music from Klye Tacy( guitarist), and the Cardinals (ships band) were very good. Guest entertainers were the Fly Boys (musical), Jon Courtnay (pianist & comedian), and Mathew McGurk (magician) were all very, very entertaining. Jon Courtnay is pee your pants hilarious and talented too. No towel animals, but every night there was a chocolate on the pillow. I am not sure that the quality is going down, this cruise, this lovely ship, and the outstanding crew surpassed my expectations. I felt like it was my first cruise all over again. Celebrity, we will be back!

Oh Celebrity, We will be back!

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by vegasgreg61

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 2

vegasgreg61’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2 6413
Appointed as expected, clean, large enough but double depth balcony. Cabin steward Natasha was absolutely outstanding. We provided her a tip on day one and asked for an ice bucket nightly, she actually filled it twice each day for us. There when/if we needed her, gone when we did not.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins