Viking Jupiter Cruise Review

Luxurious Cruise of the land of my ancestors

Viking Jupiter Cruise Review by kebfromcincy

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

I chose this cruise because it went everywhere I wanted to go - especially Norway and Berlin. What I didn't know was how blown away I would be by the the actual process of cruising. The ship was smaller than many cruise ships but had everything we needed or could possibly want. The cabin was roomy. The veranda was wonderful for watching the world go by, especially when leaving port. The dining was incredible. My husband and I mostly went to the World Cafe. Day after day, I was able to find something to eat despite my dietary limitations. I loved the afternoon teas. I only wish I could have gone more often. I can't say enough about the wait staff. They were so friendly and got to know me because I was always down there getting iced tea. I didn't know what to expect for the entertainment but it was way above average. I must say that Elvis had to be my favorite. He is alive and sailing the seas on Viking. We also enjoyed the excursions into the various ports we stopped at. Highlights were the trips into St. Petersburg, Russia, Berlin, Germany and Bergen, Norway. We did not travel with children, this was an 18 and over cruise. I would say that unless they really were into travel, I would not even bring teenagers on this cruise. Would I go again? Well, not a repeat of this cruise but there is no question that we will be traveling again with Viking.

kebfromcincy's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Deluxe Veranda 5042

I have been on only one other cruise and that was with Holland America. We only had a window with our cabin there and I doubt I will ever travel again without access to a veranda. Our cabin was spacious and had places to sit both in the cabin and outside on the veranda. There was plenty of room in the closet and drawers to store our clothes and the shower was big enough to turn around in. The housekeeping staff kept everything so clean and remembered our special requests for a third towel at all times.

Vasa Museum

Learned about life during the time of the building of the Vasa and had a traditional Swedish lunch at a lovely restaurant.

View All 128 Vasa Museum Reviews

Enjoyed a walk around the town of Porvoo. Met by the Count's son at Malmgard Castle and learned about the eco brewery and growing of organic grains, all of which help keep the castle funded.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Peterhof Palace

Toured the Peterhof Palace and gardens. Listened to the guide tell us of life in the Soviet Union during the 60's and now. Able to stop at the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood for pictures. Wonderful day.

View All 231 Peterhof Palace Reviews
Old Town of Tallinn

Walking part of the tour felt rushed. Unable to look at anything but the view over the city. Interesting guide but free time was in the wrong part of the town for shopping.

View All 189 Old Town of Tallinn Reviews

Spectacular tour of the Amber museum. Definitely not for those with problems walking.We were there on the 80th Anniversary of the start of WWII.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Berlin

Long train ride into Berlin, Guided bus tour mainly of the East German side of the city. Excellent history lesson in the issues of reunification of the city and country. Wonderful experience.

City Tour

Felt that the Copenhagen Panorama tour showed us very little. It did not stop for pictures at what I felt was the most scenic parts of the city. We even took the bus back into town so we could take pictures of Nyhavn. Very disappointed in Copenhagen itself.

View All 201 City Tour Reviews
Aalborg

Our walking tour of Alborg was quite enjoyable. Was very impressed with the street billed as one of the most romantic streets of Denmark. I am into architecture and there was plenty of that to see.

Pulpit Rock

This was a wonderful cruise which takes you past the beautiful scenery of the area which includes waterfalls, Pulpit Rock and some adorable mountain goats which enjoy leftover waffles that are thrown their way. The waffles were a real treat. Loved the cruise but don't forget to wander the town itself and all the preserved wooden houses.

View All 76 Pulpit Rock Reviews
Eidfjord

We took the Scenic Flam Railway to Voss. It took you past beautiful scenery as well as waterfalls. At one waterfall a young woman who represented a Valkyrie performed to music. It was enchanting. Lunch at the historic hotel in Voss was very nice. I was more interested in the history of the hotel than the food. This excursion was well worth it.

City Tour

Nice overview of the city. My husband and I were able to go back and explore some of the things we saw in depth on our extended stay. We ate at the Fish Market and took at train up to the top of the hill to overlook the harbor.

View All 136 City Tour Reviews