3. Viking Orion
The Viking name has been synonymous with excellence. We were so happy when they announced they were sailing in Alaska. It was our dream come true! This was a special cruise for my husband’s 70th and his retirement. Everything and everyone on this ship exceeded our expectations. The twice a day housecleaning made it that more special. The dining was easy and never included lines for buffet and we always got into the Restaurant with a group of six. We appreciate that Viking ocean cruises require passengers to be 18 or older. Our one included shore excursion at Icy Strait was not of the caliber that I expected. High school students performing a story was sweet but wasn’t what was described in material. We did enjoy the nightly entertainment and noticed all the entertainers participated almost every morning in the disembarkation and return to ship by handing out water, towels etc. I can’t wait to go on another cruise. Hopefully we will be in France river cruise in two years.

First Ever Cruise and bucket list

Viking Orion Cruise Review by Mimiinthecity

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

We appreciate that Viking ocean cruises require passengers to be 18 or older.

Mimiinthecity’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Orion price drops

We enjoyed the cabin but didn’t spend much time in it. The king bed was very comfortable. There was ample room to store our luggage underneath the bed. I loved being directly across from the laundry facility. Loved heated floors in bathroom! Loved the Nespresso coffee maker and the plush bathrobes. Having a deck that opened while in port to our friend’s cabin next to us was very nice.