3. Norwegian Sun
Departure City: Port Canaveral has to be my favorite port to leave from in Florida. The drive to isn't the greatest but, it doesn't feel like it takes forever like going to Port Miami. Embarkation/Disembarkation: I've done a majority of my cruises(3 cruises) through Port Canaveral and I feel like it is the smoothest of them all. I've never had any issues with getting on the ship. The front end staff is very hospitable and is very diligent in making sure your experience with NCL is an unforgettable one. Disembarkation Side Note: Pay attention to your tag color on your bags. The night before you disembark, you'll be given a sheet with times, color codes and Latitudes colors that will allow you off the ship. Should you choose to leave the ship in the wee hours of the morning, you'll be first. Ship: This was my first 5 day cruise and small ship. Mind you, I've been on Carnival Glory, RC Oasis of the Seas and NCLs Epic. This was all new to me but, new in a good way. Everything was close by so I didn't feel like I had to go all the way to one side of the ship to accomplish anything. I did like the size, it made it easy to find everything and easy to chat it up with someone new should I be going to the same place. Cabin: I was really impress with this cabin. Much better than the balcony cabin with the NCL Epic. There was plenty of space for two people on the bed and the sofa was a pull out bed. As far as cargo space for clothing, I couldn't say, I was glad about that. I wish there was a bit more but, its a small ship so I learned to roll with the punches. The bathroom is tiny as is the shower. Ladies plan accordingly, especially when it comes to shaving your legs. My wife had a hard time doing that. Dining: This is just a personal opinion but, spend the extra money on a cabin other than a sail away cabin. Take advantage of the specialty dining that is on the ship. First off, breakfast wasn't as good as I was expecting. It was alright. Mind you, I'm easy to please. I just had to figure out how to make breakfast work for me. They don't change the menu for breakfast so be prepared to see Eggs Benedict on the menu several days in a row. Lunch was pretty decent, your basic carb/protein mixture(burger or meatball sub). Dinner was fantastic!!! I can't say anything bad about Norwegian's specialty dining. Our first day at sea(day 1), we ate at Teppanyaki. If you're unfamiliar with this, it is hibachi style eating. The Teppanyaki restaurant is very small(3 grills). You share your grill with 8 other people. It's a great way to meet new people on the ship. It's basically, dinner and a show. Your chef will prepare everything according to what you ask for and any food allergies. There's plenty of food at the grill, so come with an appetite. Our second specialty dining was our last night on the cruise. We ended up at Le Bistro and we were not disappointed not one bit. The food was cooked to perfection and our server was top notch. As for the Main Dining Room Dinner. I was satisfied with it. The portions were pretty big so I was never able to leave with having dessert. I recommend trying something different on the menu, you just might find something you never knew you liked. Entertainment and Activities: We met a lot of awesome people on this cruise. We actually made friends with one couple on this cruise. We always tried to find something fun to do. We ended up checking out the pianist at Windjammer Bar. The guy was amazing singing John Legend. The jazz band at the Spinnaker Lounge was really good as well. Spinnaker Lounge has some of the best views during the day and when coming into the port. We took advantage of Bliss Ultra Lounge during most of the nights on the ship. Service: This is truly my only compliant. Our room steward never took the time to introduce himself to us. It was really weird not getting a chance to know who he was. Also, not once but twice did he enter in on my wife while she was changing. I know she probably should have had the "Do Not Disturb" Tag hanging from the door but, that's no excuse for him either. Other than that, we had no real problems. Jeremy in the Seven Seas Dining Room was an awesome server with a great sense of humor. (sp?) Michael in the Sports Bar was awesome as well. Ports and Shore excursions: Our cruise was overhauled completely. We were originally suppose to go to Freeport, Nassau and Great Stirrup Kay. Because of Hurricane Dorian, our ports were changed to one port with an overnight stay(Nassau). Hopefully you've read all of my review so far...People in Bahamas will as you a million times to purchase something of their's. I get it, I know it's annoying but put yourself in their shoes. They have very little money as a country and this is a port town so they depend on us spending our hard earned money on their island. If you're not interested in anything they have, just look them in the eyes and tell them, no thank and be on your way. The first day we just roamed the streets, I wanted to buy a shirt saying something Nassau, Bahamas on it(what can I say, I'm a sucker lol). I went to the Bahamas Shirt Company(about 4-5 blocks from the port) and found something I really liked. If you like beer, you can visit the only brewery in Nassau. Pirate Republic Brewing Company. They have an awesome collection of beers. Before you purchase anything look around, they have some really good deals(2 beers and a shirt for $28). Also, they have a happy hour on their beers. Mind you, Nassau does close down at 5 pm so we ended up heading back to the ship a little after everything had closed. Day Two: We took a taxi to Cabbage beach. This beach sits east of Atlantis. The cab trip to the beach was $5/pp which is pretty cheap seeing as it's about a 10-15 min cab ride. Once you exit your cab, prepare to be bombarded by guys trying to get you to buy beach chairs, umbrellas, coconuts(mixed drinks), snacks, cigars, trinkets, etc. If you think you need anything of that stuff, it's on you. Prices seemed somewhat reasonable. Mind you, this beach is rough the water that is. Be prepared. If you're not a strong swimmer, I suggest you pay attention to where you are when the waves crash. I saw a lot of people get tossed around while only mere feet from the water. Nassau Tip: Make sure you carry cash. You will get hit with currency conversion on your bank account if you're using a debit card. Also, carrying cash will make it easier for you when going to any of the beaches to pay the cabbies. Conclusion: I really like this ship, hopefully I can cruise on it again and maybe go to Freeport(God Bless Them)

When Life Throws you Lemons, Make Lemonade

axiomdesignspdx’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 10232
I loved how big this cabin was compared to the NCL Bliss. My only gripe about this cabin, cabinet space to hold clothing. Wish there was one more cabinet but I made do with what I had.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins