3. Norwegian Escape
I choose this cruise to see fall colors and visit the Maine and Canadian ports, which were great. The cruise on the other had was not great for me. It was far too large of a ship, very crowded, and there were virtually no quiet spaces other than on our stateroom deck. I felt like I was trapped in a casino/shopping mall/disco, with far too many people. Positives: a great gym, with great staff. Excellent ports and shore excursions. Ship seemed entirely safe. Variety of food was great, and most of it was good considering they were feeding 4K+ a day. Negatives: - A staff member with a tambourine greeting us every morning in the main cafeteria (for breakfast), singing versions of "washy washy," to encourage hand-washing. This is racist and offensive. - There were problems in our stateroom that were not fixed, such as a USB port that did not work and a bathroom sink that could not hold water for hand washing of laundry. We told our steward, but these issues were never fixed. - We had to ask to have our bathroom cleaned. Staff came in to make the beds every day, but by Wednesday it was clear that the bathroom was not being cleaned very well, if at all. - Some of food was not great, and often served barely warm. - I traveled with a friend who can't walk very far, and sometimes there was no place for her to sit down when she needed to. Staff did not help her much, especially when she was getting off the boat.

Ports great, cruise not so much

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by dianejulia

Negatives:

- Some of food was not great, and often served barely warm.

dianejulia’s Full Rating Summary