3. Disney Magic
The ship is old, so you do need to overlook the wear and tear, but the smaller size is nice. First the bad-- 1) Embarkation was the biggest mess I have ever seen-- all the tour buses came at the same time, there was no plan and we stood outside in the cold for several hours A HUGE mess. Started the trip on a bad note. 2) The food is so-so, watery eggs in the morning, dried out hamburger buns, and a limited selection of dinner entrees. I expected more and better 3) The staff must be under a lot of pressure to get very high marks on the satisfaction survey as we had staff begging us to give an excellent score. 4) Stateroom walls are very thin, we could hear every conversation our neighbors were having 5) If you do not use the phone app you will be lost, as many staff do not answer questions and direct you to the app. The Good: 1) The entertainment is outstanding-- the best I have ever seen on a cruise 2) The staff works well with the passengers regarding character opportunities and photos 3) For the most part the staff went out of their way to meet our needs ( which were few) 4) Unlimited soft drinks on deck 9 were great. 5) Nice variety of activities 6) Shore excursions were organized and well executed, escorting guests to the buses helped in many ways. Would I do a Disney Cruise again, probably but I would check to make sure the entertainment had been updated and was fresh.

The good outweighed the bad

Disney Magic Cruise Review by alaskaboundx2

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

First the bad--

The Good:

1) The entertainment is outstanding-- the best I have ever seen on a cruise

4) Unlimited soft drinks on deck 9 were great.

5) Nice variety of activities

alaskaboundx2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Magic price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 05B 7116
Smallest cabin I have ever been on for a cruise with very thin walls.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins