3. Oasis of the Seas
I have been on cruise critic since booking our trip and did read many reviews, but kept an open mind and didn't get tied into any expectations or worrying. I'm glad I didn't listen to the negatives for the most part. Is it a big boat, oh yea..but she's gorgeous and the attention to detail is outstanding. I'm not going to do a daily review, because i can't remember everything, but here are some highlights and a couple low lights to be fair. We are a 41 and 35 year old. She gets younger billing, but wanted you to know going in that we're laid back and roll with things. The food was great, but we ate at specialty restaurants 3 nights, in the dining room for the 2 formal nights and the first night and then somewhere else on Monday night. The restaurant food was great. The first night I had chicken something and the sauce on it was incredible. The lobster for the Thursday formal night was excellent. 150 central park had me worried. I'm a picky eater. Mostly meat and potatoes (ill get to chops in a minute), but the menu at 150 was excellent. I had never had Duck Confi before because the thought of duck wasn't appealing, but it was good. I tried many things that I had never tried before and they were all great. Chops was excellent. I told my wife our reservations were for 7:30 and they were for 6:30. I was still at one of the pool bars. The hostess called and rescheduled for 7:15 and we were seated right away. I had the 7oz filet and it melted in your mouth. My wife had ordered a bottle of wine in the restaurant and they went up and got it for her. We also got a seat at the chefs table. We sat with a great bunch of people and had a great time. The chef was friendly and the Sommellier was very knowlegeable and had a great personality as well. Again, I was worried about the menu and what i would be eating, but after my 150 central park experience, I was a little more at ease. Even the pea soup was good..and it was PEA soup. I did giggle when the somellier said this wine will really bring out the pea taste...come on..he said pea taste!!! Very glad we did those restaurants. SERVICE EVERYWHERE WAS OUTSTANDING...not only in the restaurants but everywhere. The bar waiter honestly forgot about my order. Our MDR waiter followed up after about 5 minutes when he noticed I didn't have a drink and I told him it was ordered but I didn't have it yet. The bar waiter came over with my drink, told me he forgot and that it was on him. I was so taken with his honesty that I told him to put it on my bill, but he insisted no. HE WAS HONEST..that was great to hear, no excuses, just "i screwed up, sorry"..I MIGHT have waited 10 minutes for a free drink..There should be more of honesty and less excuses. Anyway, SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. Our room was a D6 balcony. Nothing special about the room. I brought a power strip so my wife would be able to plug in her hair dryer and "straightener". We had places to store our clothes. I put mine on the floor of the closet, hung my clothes and my wife had the 2 dresser drawers and the "cubbies" above the safe. Our suit cases went under the bed and we were unpacked. there was enough space in the bathroom for her makeup and my toothbrush and shaving crap. There was no toothbrush holder, but we found a glass and used that, no issues.. Our room attendant was "michael". My name is michael and I joked with my wife that if my name had been Scott, he would have said you can call me "scott". There is a song like that somewhere. He was great, but we're not high maintenance. He had our ice full, but we never used it. He forgot to make our room one night (service is 2 times a day), but we didn't use it since the first time he made it. He was so appologetic, but we told him not to worry about it. I can imagine how some people would have laid into him.. The trip was just PERFECT, but I do have to be honest and list a few things I didn't like. The europeans as a whole were nice to be around, but some of them are just down right RUDE..I had heard this, and I did experience it. My wife was in line at a store, and was next when a couple came in and interrupted the lady checking out the person in front of my wife, with "just a question" that took 5 minutes. Then another couple walked RIGHT in front of my wife to the counter. I pushed my wife aside and waited in her place, boy was i steamed. The cashier saw them and ignored them and looked at my wife and asked to help her. They started to say something but both my look and the cashier must have put them in their place. I'll never forget how they did that. Another issue was with some south americans.. I was in the pool and a group were being loud and obnoxious and so were their kids. I had my suspicions, but a group of 3 foreign ladies were annoyed and I heard her say something, the only word I understood was "brazillians"...with a nasty tone..I laughed and walked away.. Most everyone we encountered including ones with a south american accent, were a joy to deal with and be around. The exeptions were the ones who thought they were owed something or had special privileges. They wouldn't move out of the way when they were crossing your path and just thought the ship was theirs..they were put in their place a few times and it was great to see..We had about 5400 passengers, and i'll bet maybe 50 or so rude, ignorant idiots.. Enough of that. My other issue is with the charge for everything. It did feel like you were charged for a lot on the boat. You expect to pay for things in the stores, but we went and got a donut and I was surprised that the person behind the counter said it was free.. We were on vacation, so it wouldn't have mattered, we'd have eaten the donuts anyway, but the expectation to have to pay shouldn't be there, in my mind, for food on the boat. We ate at johnny rockets and the seafood shack and paid. We knew it wouldn't be free, but again, the history of a ship is that the food is included and I sort of feel like RCL is trying to rewrite things. I'm not even sure RIGHT now how much our bill total was. I didn't want to look and never did. We were on vacation and had saved for many extras, so I HOPE we're covered. I won't go on vacation if I have to worry about spending money, so we didn't, but I'll bet we won't be booking this ship for a while until we build up our vacation fund again. Great trip, book the ship but beware of the extra fees ahead of time and you'll enjoy yourself. The shows are great...COME FLY WITH ME and the Ice show was great (especially the sand sculpturer) great to see in person. It was a busy cruise, and my wife felt like I was dragging her around alot, but there was a lot to see. It would have been nice if we could have booked the B2B, but work comes first. Congrats on booking, you won't be disappointed.

OASIS was KEWL...

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by ravensrockdc

Enough of that.
Congrats on booking, you won't be disappointed.
ravensrockdc’s Full Rating Summary