3. Harmony of the Seas
My wife and I were on the Cruise from September 15-22, sailing out of Port Canaveral. We are both Gold members (I gained mine by marrying her!), and we had a lot of expectations that this ship...and cruise line... would do a lot to overtake Norwegian as the top line. Sad to say, that never happened. Before we even set sail, we had arranged for Valet Service for our baggage on Departure Day. We planned to place our bags outside our Cabin by 10PM on Saturday night, September 21, 2019. However, at about 8PM a young lady knocked on our cabin door and handed us a note. That note...which I have saved... may well make it into a Court of Law before this is all over! It advised us that we would NOT be having the Valet service as advertised, and that we would have to see to our own bags in the terminal! Mind you, we had flown into MCO...and were flying OUT of MCO... on both ends of this trip. We used Jet Blue, which is listed as being one of the airlines that is involved with the program. SUPPOSEDLY... (and here is where it gets dicey!)… Jet Blue had turned down our request for the service. We called them, and they did advise us over the phone that they had no idea what I was talking about. The letter from RCCL was not addressed to us by name, but to "Dear Guests"...something that I found to be offensive. They seemed quite unwilling to even talk with Jet Blue about this problem. Mind you, it was THEIR EMPLOYEE who delivered this letter to us, and the letter made numerous mistakes. It even said that we had to leave our bags outside our cabin on FRIDAY evening by 10PM for a SATURDAY departure. The problem with that? Our ship was returning to Port on SUNDAY MORNING, so we had to leave our bags outside our cabin on Saturday evening by 10PM. They gave us exactly TWO HOURS of notification, which was NOT enough time to resolve this mess. This is not the whole story of this disastrous cruise! I'd heard that RCCL likes to nickel and dime everyone, but found it hard to fathom how badly they did it! They brag about their buffet being...supposedly... the finest on the seas. Well, on the Norwegian Bliss we could easily get an omelet...to order... for breakfast. Was that possible in the RCCL buffet? NOPE! We had to go to "Johnny Rocket's" in order to find a decent omelet. But the crowning touch? Mind you, we are talking about a $1 Billion ship, and we were paying a lot of money for the cruise. Yet, when my wife went to an event at the theater, she was told that she'd have to pay an extra $2.50 for a little box of popcorn! I was surprised when she told me about it, so I checked it out. She was telling the truth! I stopped there and asked the man who was making the popcorn about it, and he offered to give me a box..."for free". I declined because I believed it was wrong for any one person to get a free box... while everyone else has to pay. It is not my norm to look for things to complain about. However, there were so many things that were just plain "wrong" about this cruise and this cruise line that it would take a really LONG message to go into all of them! We will be sticking with Norwegian Cruise Lines from now on, and have no plans to go on RCCL again...period! One other real problem: The casino allows smoking in one half, but there are no signs warning people that they are about to enter a smoking zone. For those of us who are highly allergic to cigarette smoke, it can be a real issue. My wife almost did not make it out of the smoking section before getting ill from the smoke. IF there had been NOTICEABLE SIGNS that were placed to warn the passengers, this would not have been a problem. But did RCCL take the time to place such signs where they could be seen? NO....and I did look all over the place. All I was able to see were the "international stickers" indicating "no smoking zones"... placed on the slot machines... down low so as to be almost out of sight.

Promises made...promises broken...and lies told by RCCL

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Donleeman

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Central Park View Balcony

Sad to say, that never happened.

Donleeman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Central Park View Balcony
Cabin 1J 11595
While there were a lot of problems around the ship, at least I can honestly say that the cabin steward did an excellent job! He was quick to make it up every day, and his efforts were amply rewarded by my wife and I.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins