• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

exlondoner
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Penthouse

We have been in the QG on Cunard many times and always enjoyed ourselves, so chose a Q4 cabin again. The cabin is spacious, with a lovely large balcony for lounging in the sun, separate bath and shower, and gorgeously comfortable beds. The pillow Concierge service enabled us to have goose down pillows, and they had complied with my request for blankets rather than duvets, which I had made in advance. Throughout, the cabin was serviced frequently and efficiently.

Embarkation and disembarkation were both efficient, helped by the priority for the Grills. We were in our cabin before noon on the first day, and left the ship at 8.05 on the last.

The ship herself is lovely. By modern standards she is not that big, but always feels serene, peaceful, and spacious, never crowded, so the voyage was truly relaxing. There were various lectures, which I didn't attend, preferring to watch the sunny sea from our balcony, but my spouse enjoyed the ones on space. I did attend the passenger choir, which all four Cunard singers gave up their time to rehearse, surely beyond the call of duty. The only show I saw was Top Hat, which was completely brilliant, singing, dancing, sets, costumes.

Penthouse

Cabin Q4

Large, spacious, comfortable. Great balcony. Fruit and drinks replenished as required. Very comfortable bed. Worth every penny.

Port Reviews

Vigo

People never think much about Vigo, and we were there on a Sunday which meant a lot of things were shut. But we enjoyed our stroll,round the old town in the warm, dry weather.

La Spezia (Cinque Terre)

Only port that was new to us, and it proved a really attractive Italian town, not particularly geared up to cruise passsengers, thankfully.

Cannes

Ok, but a tender port, and the weather was very humid. Enjoyed strolling round the market.

Barcelona

Been here before, not a favourite, so did not go beyond terminal.

Gibraltar

Another port we have visited many times, so not greatly exciting.

6 Helpful Votes