3. Silver Muse
We were sadly disappointed from the start when the Muse "broke" and we we didn't depart until a day later than scheduled. We had already spent two days in Vancouver exploring the city, so the offer of a "free excursion" to see the city was of no interest. We had already seen everything offered! We're still waiting to hear the details of the "15% credit of our cruise cost for a future cruise." After three phone calls and two emails there has been no response. We then missed our Ketchikan stop, and spent almost 2 days at sea. Given this was the last Alaska cruise of the season it was apparent most of the staff was burned out and "just going through the motions" required of their jobs. Food was good, but not great, and for the cost of the cruise our expectations were much higher. Decor was benign and boring, and the "artwork" of stacked hairdryers painted gold in the grand stairway was just weird! Our butler was nice, but forgetful. The room steward was great. The restaurant reservation system was odd, as the restaurants that were "booked" were often only half (or less) than full at peak hours. Were they just saving on costs? Entertainment and food was repetitive, and got boring even though it was only a 7 day cruise. On a high note, the cabin (deluxe veranda) was nice, bed comfortable, and balcony clean, but the wifi was TERRIBLE! I need to work while on vacation, and the lack of connectivity made this close to impossible. This is only my third cruise, but the last with SilverSea. Oceania was MUCH nicer, food better, and cost less. True, the alcohol wasn't included, but I couldn't drink the price difference if I tried.

Big Disappointment